Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post your stalled projects

Well, here it is- a project stalled for nearly 20 years! A Renwal 1966 Duesenberg revival with everything opening, a real (Monogram) Duesenberg engine, flip up rear cowl, windshields from the IMC 46 Ford, and way too many parts gathered together to ever make a decision about! I won't post a pic, but enjoy what you find at the end of the link! :D

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/Paul...e/duesy-project

Wow I don't feel so bad some of you have as many "in progress" projects as I do. I probably have 20 or so "car" models in various states of completion and another 20 or so military models. I have the attention span of a gerbil when it comes to models.

Here are a few of the fire apparatus builds I have going, I probably have tripled this since I took the photo and none of these are done although I did recently get going again on the 55 chevy and with any luck I will get it done soon.

projects.jpg

You know Chris, out of the 125+ NASCARs I have started, that one is the one I get the most "Finish it" posts for?? And it's one of my worst works, too! I will, someday, when I am brave enough to tackle sectioning the dash. I've never sectioned anything before...

Let me tell you something Billy. It really jogged my memory as a kid, sitting down with my Dad (he died in 83) and watching races with that car running around the track.

The paint scheme of all things is what did it. You jogged a good memory my friend, a good one. Thanks.

And, Finish it!

Chris

This model is more than... I thought... I can handle. Just alone the body has 100+ hours into it. I mean that just in the roof area. I applied body filler and ran it too hot and melted the roof. (Not once but twice).. As for the rest it should be a piece of cake.... This was started over 2 years ago and last touch by hands approx: 3 months ago...

Fuelish Spectator

FuelishSpectatorDeoraFunnyTruck.jpg