Model Cars Magazine Forum

camaro pro stock

dragzz

hello slusher i been a way for a bit took a bit of a break now iam back i got this at my l hos some sold all there models so the guy call me said thay had some thay just got this was one of them so i had to get it lol here we go dont know what paint iam going to use .open to suggestion

i was doing a bit motor work then i thot lets do a mok up for the new hood scoop as i was looking thu my old parts i have this scoop from the model 55 jukebox ford revell kit i think its looks a bit small what do u all think here some pic of the mok up

You have to remember that hood scoop sits on the top of the carbs after the manifold is in place, and after you move the motor back to its proper placement,the scoop will set almost against the windshield, and the base will be even with the hood line.

Edited by horsepower

here i have done more motor work i got the carbs on now i want to try to make a throttle linkage for it but dont how to make it really dont want to by it my loh dont have it so i thot to try to make one some help on this would be great. here som pic of the motor

its here thank god i got my new iwata kustom revolution tr airbrush iv been waiting for this iv been useing my iwata eclipse hp-bcs with .30 needle its works great with the new i just better with 050 needle better fan spray for the cars cant wait to try it out

Yep building that throttle linkage is not the easiest part, but it can be done. I did similar throttle linkage as you will need on this one to my '69 Charger Daytona using copper wire and Detail Master Carburetor Linkage Photo Etch Set. I hope this picture will give you an idea on how it can be done. This might not be the only right way to do it though.

eedf295c-8fbd-4992-8371-a6cbad7c4f9c.jpg

I am interested in seeing more of this one!

its here thank god i got my new iwata kustom revolution tr airbrush iv been waiting for this iv been useing my iwata eclipse hp-bcs with .30 needle its works great with the new i just better with 050 needle better fan spray for the cars cant wait to try it out

attachicon.gif001.JPG

Ok, now I'm officially jealous, been wanting to try one of those ever since I saw the first pictures, I'll just have to make due with my Paasche VL, at least I've got all three needle and head choices,. I got a pleasant surprise, I picked up one of the cheapy $14.95 Harbor Freight specials and it works out pretty good, used it for some fine detail work and it surprised me, and I bought it so I'd have something to use just for primer, but it's working for everything, but I'm not going to even try it on the high solids urethane clears, or really coarse metallic, just to fine of a needle size.

w-409 tys for that pic that will help me out a lot tys again

horsepower the iwata tr that u see i will use that for house of coler paints as i will for primmer i have .30 neddle and .50 for primmer its work really good for that as for water colors i will use paasche vl as the pigment is a bit thicker thats the diff just thot i let u know