Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for about a year, a Deora Cabover as a hauler.

I started with a gluebomb and lopped it off at the base of the back window. Then using the remaining side pieces, I made the rear wall of the cab.

P3180408.jpg

P3180409.jpg

P3180410.jpg

In the below pic, you can see I've already widened the wheelwell.

P3180411.jpg

Widening the other side, cut out the rear half of the wheelwell.

P3240418.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the next cut. It's cut vertically at the point where the wheel arch meets the bottom of the body. that is the filler to widen the wheelwell. Just move it from the back, to the middle. You can see the cut lines laid out in the 1st and 3rd pics.

Now I wanted to add to the body, it might work as a showcar, but as a hauler, you want a bit more room. a 1/4" was added along the bottom of the body.

P3240419.jpg

A mock up pic, the frame will need to be narrowed. I also don't know if a set of Pro-Street tires or Duallies would look better.

P3230414.jpg

I made a hinge to tilt the cab.

P3260428.jpg

Tilted

P3260426.jpg

Edited by Psychographic

Thanks everyone.

I cut the floor out of the interior tub and added 1/4" to match the body. I also cut out the doghouse as I don't know how much room I'm going to need for the engine. I plan a considerable increase in HP for this hauler.

I won't be gluing the floor back right now, it will be much easier to finish it up to primer before making it permanent.

P3270429.jpg

It fits very well.

P3270430.jpg

P3270431.jpg