Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMC Javelins '71-'74

Anyone out there willing to resin cast plain Javelins . Not the Javelin AMX's of days of old . These won't have the AMX Specific Grilles . Without a hood with built in

Forced Air at the Hood Edge at the cowl . The dash and interior trim is the same . AMX ; Engine Turned . Javelin ; wood grained is a paint detail issue . No chin

spoiler . I am in process of making the Valance panels with proper turn/parking

lights in them . Not in the grille as AMX Javelins . The Grilles were different ;

'71 - '72 - ('73 & '74 are the same) . The same treatment at the rear on Taillights . The '71 - '72 - ('73 & '74 were the same also) . I am also in process of

making the AMX into the (generic) opening for the various grilles . The '72 & '73-'74

Grilles I did figure out . The '71 Grille , not so . I do have the taillight/panels .

Modelhaus offers the '73-'74 Rear Tailight panel and lights curerently . I need

assistance to finish the grilles and Chin Spoiler and Hood . The Modelhaus offers the

hood for the '71-'74's . Anyone know if these are Javelin or Javelin AMX hoods ? I talked to Don , he's not sure . Help is needed for putty work involved in these parts . I do

know the wrong putty will stick to the mold Silicon . This is a project I've been workingon long term . I need help with these and a few more details . After the Christmas Season would be a good time to get beck into this Project . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

Not sure the year, but I need a proper set of tail lights and rear panel for my Penske Javelin, early second gen car with tail lights like the first gen.....

Sounds like a '71... the Modelhaus has the '71 Javelin rear bumper and taillights available.

1971_AMC_Javelin_AMX_V8_Trans_Am_Racer_1.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

I am not a caster . I will supply these parts if someone will cast these only . Also , someone I have

done business with and know . I've been ripped off as we all have . I won't send irreplaceable pieces I have a need of and expect a return unless there is trust . I am trying to fill gaps in my AMC ,

specifically , Javelin collection . Would you like to trade a Competitiom Dash for the stock unit in this ? I have a Metal Roll Cage . I might have the same in Plastic . PM me on these . PM me also for other

AMC Javelin Parts . I know sources . Thanx ..