Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pirate -- 1957 Chevy Bel Air

lotno249

Here's a model I finished over the last couple of months. It is a 1957 Chevy Bel Air from AMT. I like my models messy and with that lived in look. No pictures of the inside but in the back seat are two anchors and a treasure chest that opens and closes. Thanks for looking,

DJ

102_0339_zps7031578d.jpg

102_0340_zps1bcf588d.jpg

102_0341_zps588cbea5.jpg

102_0342_zps60bf6cce.jpg

102_0343_zpsb96e878a.jpg

All of the trinkets and doodads I use on my models are from Hobby Lobby and Michaels in their beads and charms department. Lots of crazy things to use for models when my crazy brain starts to get active. They are cheap and always go on sale with thirty to fifty percent off. They are great for adding that certain something to a car model. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for looking,

DJ

Thanks for looking and the comments. When I was a kid models were all about getting it to look like this car or that as in real life. Now that I'm 42 I like to use my imagination and have fun. I don't worry about accuracy or if this car is supposed to have this or that. It's all about the fun and the adventure with whatever kick I happen to be on at the time. Thanks for looking,

DJ