Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone know who made this model??

Steve, where did you see his models, did he ship them to some specific model contest? The pic of the Riviera is from last year at the Capital City Modelers contest here in Stockholm. Could have been one of my pics, but no it's not. I met Juha about a month ago again at the CCM contest. The "modest master" as my friend likes to call him, after Juha showed us some models in my apartment in the early 90's. Juha had built a 66 Chevy Biscayne four door, out of a trashed convertible! Complete with the straight six. My friend almost went bonkers over that model :roll:

He usually shows up for the CCM contest and Wheels Nat's in early August. It's an outdoor car show held at an old military airfield, and there's also a model contest - in a big party tent. So if anyone should fancy a trip to Sweden around that time, you're more than welcome!! It's a blast!

Guest zebm1

Ahhhh thisun is a '73....

1973BuickRiv.jpg

an' thisun is a '71....

1971BuickRivieraboat-tail.jpg

an when one gets that creative urge to be different.....

1972BuickCustom.jpg

does this help?

:twisted: Zeb

When I grow up I'd be happy to be 1/4 as good as Juha. He's the man. His models are nothing but amazing, from subject matter to execution. His reference library must be just as impressive. He's able to make magic in 1/25 scale that other masters rarely achieve in much larger scales.

Guest zebm1

Are yu thinking it's tha wrong year? Then which year is thisun?

1972BuickRivieraboat-tail.jpg

Is supposed to be a '72. According to tha website I downloaded them from......but I see yur point, tha fender side lites suggest that this green one is tha '71 and tha blue one is a '72.

:twisted: Zeb