Model Cars Magazine Forum

A looming operation.

MAGNUM4342

I have had this suregery myself. And the difference before and after is well worth it in my honest opinion. I was up and moving about just hours after surgery. Didnt use painkillers either afterwards. The only thing my doctor instructed med to, was not to lift anything heavy for the first week, and move about.

You'll get there. With competent physicians, good therapists (and if she's nice and cute, that makes the hurt SO much less!), and allowing yourself adequate time to recover, you'll make it through just fine.

May the doctors have their dexterity and may your fears be fully allayed.

Charlie Larkin

Hey Kevin, it will be ok. You don't ever hear of stories where something went wrong in an operation like that. Those doctors know what they are doing and only the best perform operations like that. Try not to worry, everything will be ok and you'll feel much better after they get you fixed up!

I'm reclined with the laptop in my lap reading each response while my L5 disc continues to shoot pain into my right hip, down the outside of the leg and back across the front shin. Had a MRI yesterday morning. I've dealt with mine off and on since 2005. The Doc said that this is caused most times by sneezing, coughing or vomiting. Mine was the latter, a stomach virus. I've had injetions, therapy and been lucky until this episode that started last week. Ironically, I was working on enclosing an area in the basement for model work. Sheet rock and insulation is up on the walls and I'm down. :D

I, like you and most other folks are really paranoid about getting their back cut on. I may have to make that decision soon as well. I have a lot of confidence in the Doc I see for this. I think that's key in this situation. Keep us updated on your progress. Good luck!

I, like you and most other folks are really paranoid about getting their back cut on. I may have to make that decision soon as well. I have a lot of confidence in the Doc I see for this. I think that's key in this situation. Keep us updated on your progress. Good luck!

That says it all right there!!! Word of mouth is the best indicator. Asking around friends, neighbors, co-workers and even family members you will be amazed at what you can find out as to a Doctors success rate!

That is how I found the doctor that did my hip replacement and who will soon be doing the other one!

Thank's so much to all of you that have responded. Gregg is right, we are a family of sorts here. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly folks come together over a crisis. Wether it be the winter storm Nemo, or something as mundane as my surgery. I say "mundane" because the fantastic support i've recieved here makes it seem so. I know quite well that I can be an abrasive personality, and to see such support even from some folks that i've rubbed the wrong way (so to speak) has lifted my spirits like you wouldn't believe. Some of you have even taken the time to message me privately and that means so much to me.

I'm only vertical due to the pain medication, and i'm gratefull for it because it has allowed me to continue to participate here on the board, which is most definitely a morale boost of first quality. So i'm just taking a moment from other ramblings in other topics just to let you all know what an awesome bunch of guys and gals you are.

Harry P. inadvertently reminded me of something my grampa said many long years ago. "Son, worrying has never once solved a problem...but it has created bigger ones." I miss my grampa.

Thanks to all for reading and thank you all so much for the support. :)