Model Cars Magazine Forum

My take on the Monroe Handler

Jason Vandergriff

Big update. Got all the interior mocked up and most of the wheel tubs done. I still need to figure out rear suspension. I opened the taillights up on the body and ill uses The ones out of the firefighter kit. It now has a 05 mustang motor to go between the rails.attachicon.gif1358186156796.jpg

That's gonna be cool!!!!!! Are you building it as a stock car or a pro touring type car? Nice work so far! Makes me want to get mine back out and start working on it but I'm building a Kenworth right now and trying to stick with it. I have a baaaaaad habit of starting hundreds of projects but never finishing them! LOL

Hi Ben! Nice to see you in a car thread, especially with the improvements (needed) you're making to this kit. My friends who build mostly semi trucks hold you in high regard.

I'd like to know a little more about those Centerline wheels you had made to spec. I assume they can also be made in a 5-lug configuration with different offsets. Can you give us a ballpark figure what a complete set of wheels might cost?

Hi Monty! Thanks, that's nice to know! Jim Littiken is a member here and he machined the wheels for me. I found the tires I wanted to use on my Mustang, measured the inside diameter and went from there. I drew up drawings and found some pictures online showing the real wheel for reference. I had them made in two different offsets with a fifth wheel made to replace the molded in spare (it's the same depth as the front wheels) I then contrated RB Motion to make the long lug nuts that were used on these wheels back then. I then machined my own center caps. I don't think it would be any problem at all for Jim to make them with five lug holes. He's really good at machining these small wheels!!!! Here's a link to Jims site http://www.micronitro.net/ and here's a link to RB Motion http://www.rbmotion.com/