Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Pro Mod Vette.......Updated 09/28/14

1320wayne

Aye....I see another winner about to bolt from the stable Wayne. :) B)

As the other guys pointed out, you did good hiding those humongous front wheel openings, great work.. ;)

And I do like the sound of this outdoors theme you have coming....Keep at it mate.

O.K., so this one is moving right along with the color. The orange has been applied. It is a neon orange lacquer from MCW so it dried very flat. No worries as the clear coat will take care of that. I just applied the color this morning and it is almost dry to the point where I may even start applying some graphices this evening.

DSC08271-vi.jpg

DSC08272-vi.jpg

DSC08276-vi.jpg

Wayne, This is a killer build, cant wait to see it when you get the graphics on. One question, where do you get your wheels and tires from?

The tires and wheels you see here will not be on the finished product. These are simply what I pulled from the parts box for the purpose of mockup. The fronts you see here are from a RC diecast funny car. The rears are the tires from the same diecast with JPS wheels inserted. The wheels that will be used for this build will be Pro Track machined aluminum slot car wheels.

Well, here is the start of the decaling process. So far I'm happy with the layout but I still don't know where everything is going to go until I get to that section. Playing with homemade decals is a bit of a challenge as your not always sure how an image will look once it's in place. For instance, the "next generation Bass Pro Shop" decal was done on clear film and my thoughts were that I could simply double-up the decal to get the right look but unfortunately the camo graphics still had too much bleedthrough. So, I had to print a second sheet on white decal film and then trim another image as close to the edge as possible and then lay that over what was already there. Much better except for the white film showing through in the text at the bottom. That was unavoidable. More to come by the end of the weekend.

And the last picture is the beginning of the chassis.

DSC08306-vi.jpg

DSC08308-vi.jpg

DSC08309-vi.jpg

DSC08310-vi.jpg

DSC08311-vi.jpg

Looks great from here, even with the white showing through, since part of the body is painted in white.

Oh and I purchased the Other Forums Magazine today with your 70.5 Pro Mod Camaro build in it...!!! Nice to see your work being published on paper as well.

Thanks, but the Camaro build shown in that other mag. belongs to Clay Kemp, not me.