Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Ford Pantera by Fujimi, Updated 1/4/13

Porscheman

When I was in High School my best friends dad had one of these in burnt copper. The sound the Pantera made still plays in my head. This is my all time favorite car.. B)

The model is a Fujimi curbsibe kit and a little on the expensive side, $62.00. But for a Pantera Fanatic, it's a must have. Painted in Testors Royal Blue Pearl Lacquer with Wet Look clear top coat. Interior was done in Tamiyas Semi Gloss black.

This is a fun build and everything goes together well.

Thanks for looking.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

Those wheels could really use a black wash to get rid of that "model" look... ;)

Harry & Danno, I really need to read your comments more closely. My thought I was nuts when I was putting Armour All on my tires and she said it says black wash. Idiot :blink: Now the the tires are shiney and the wheels are black washed.

Look better?

Edited by Porscheman

Looks really good. I've done work on about a bazillion 1:1 Panteras (okay, maybe only about 20) over the years, and I have an appreciation of their strengths and weaknesses. Fujimi seems to have done a good job of getting the proportions right.

I just had one leave the shop with polished, billet copies of the Campagnolo wheels, and they looked very much like yours in the original, pre-black-wash state.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The higher price of the Fujimi kit paid off. I built a (meant to be motorized) Marui kit of the Pantera GTS many years ago. Your model looks much better.

Clean build!

BTW I think Harry was right. The rims really look better after the wash because they gained a lot of depth. But as most things in modeling it is a matter of taste.

• 1 month later...