Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Dave, any updates on the Great Dane Reefer or Prostar?

Great Dane is in tooling right now - I'm expecting first test shots around end of February

ProStar exists only as 3D files @ this time -fortunately going from 3D files to tooling is not a long leap as tooling esentially is made from 3Ds

I hope to see a Mock-up by end of February.. Maybe first test shots by late April...

Dave

Great Dane is in tooling right now - I'm expecting first test shots around end of February

ProStar exists only as 3D files @ this time -fortunately going from 3D files to tooling is not a long leap as tooling esentially is made from 3Ds

I hope to see a Mock-up by end of February.. Maybe first test shots by late April...

Dave

I didn't realize how new the 15 liter Prostar is. I went to my local International dealer for some brochures on the 15 liter Prostar and the sales people knew less about the that model than I did. They hadn't had one in stock. This model kit must really be cutting edge.

Edited by chuckyr

Hey Chuckyr check out truckpaper.com some of the Canadian dealers have some listed with good pics. I wonder why the Maxforce 15 needs alonger hood than the isx 15l Cummins? The tanks under the sleeper and forward battery box/steps could be used on the Lonestar. Anyway THNX Dave and Moebius.

Dave

Thank you for the update, Dave!!!!!!

I know just enough about these trucks to be dangerous.

I do know that Navistar wants to sell Navistar power in their big trucks and was told that big engine in LoneStar would be MaxxForce 15 only

that from a certain date the big Cummins would not be available. My memory is that LoneStar 2010 models would not offer Cummins power.

I don't know if anything other than Navistar power is being offered on any of their neew over the road trucks now...

Navistar has a different approach to emission control than the other manufacturers so it's not just a case of dropping a different engine in the truck - it's also a case of accomodating a different polution control system...this may be a big factor in Navistar wanting to sell their own power exclusively..

Agreed Dave, that had a lot to do with European manufacter's making their own drive trains for years. With all these ridiculous emission requirements engineering costs eliminate the ability of manufacter's to offer infinite options like they did in the past. The days of getting any truck with any engine are over. Any way keep up the good work and keep em coming.

I may be wrong but arent these navistar engines a CAT design? didnt international buy out plans or something along those lines when cats highway line went under? what are the chances of you guys creating different trucks after these ones? perhaps maybe even a few heavy duty pickups?

The Maxxforce 13 is a MAN/Navistar design MAN is Navistar's European partner they have built trucks in Austria for decades. Maxxforce 15 is based on the Cat c15 block. Navistar made a deal with Cat to produce vocational trucks for sale under the Cat name in exchange for the c15. The trucks being built for Cat are basicly Navistar Paystar 5000's. A model of the Cat vocational truck would be a good subject for a new model hint hint.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave,

Any idea if the ProStar will have the long wheelbase as on the LoneStar? My plan for my first will be an elliptical tanker. The long wheelbase works great for conversion to a day cab with pump panel and tanker body with compartmentation. :D . Look forward to any updates and the actual release of the ProStar! Thanks Dave and Moebius for bringing these kits to us!!!

Dave,

Any idea if the ProStar will have the long wheelbase as on the LoneStar? My plan for my first will be an elliptical tanker. The long wheelbase works great for conversion to a day cab with pump panel and tanker body with compartmentation. :D . Look forward to any updates and the actual release of the ProStar! Thanks Dave and Moebius for bringing these kits to us!!!

Thanks for bumping this back up! I was going to last night but I didn't want to seem to be impatient!!!!!!!!! LOL

Pro Star will be 217 inch wheel base.

Dave

Does this mean a whole new chassis? (I don't know the length of the Lonestar?) I was thinking Moebius would just modify the Lonestar chassis to save on tooling costs?

The Prostar has a shorter WB - but same rear axle spread - Only real change is length of frame rails and drive shaft..

Of course the ProStar has exhausts that mount behind the Sleeper - so the exhaust system is new for the ProStar Kit

I should see photos of the Tooling Mock-up for ProStar around March 5...Could have it here for Licensor review a week or so later if it looks good in photos...

The last set of 3D files I saw really look like a ProStar..

Might have something that looks like a truck before too long...

Hope to have 1st test shots of the Great Dane in the next few days.. Stay tuned!

Dave