Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just a "Nit" to pick: "Cobra" VS "Mustang"

When I was teaching, back in the '70's , my students often referred to these as "Cobras" . So I had my work cut out for me. :lol:

ford-mustang-ii-cobra-ii-8.jpg It does say "Cobra" on the side. :huh:190242ulgrf8ijpg.jpg I can see how they may get a little confused, though. :o

Edited by Greg Myers

Nope, definitely not the same, but licensing sez "yes"... much the same as the Torino Cobra, too.

There's no such thing. There was a '69 Ford Cobra. It was built on the same body as the Fairlane and Torino, but it was NOT a Fairlane or Torino. It was just a Cobra.

Man, that is a sexy car.

If you think the Cobra moniker is overused, how many different Spyders have we had?

Well, considering that "Spyder" is very much a generic word as opposed to a marque of automobile, it's a word used to describe all manner of vehicles by their respective manufacturers. It's even used as a corporate name as well.

Art

63-Shelby_KingCobra61M_DV-07-AIA_01.jpg

"King Cobra" ?

1978-Ford-Mustang-King-Cobra.jpg

My buddy had one of these back in the day.The only thing it was king of was slow.At the time I had a

fairmont with a 2.3 that I had mildly hot rodded and would whoop up on him all the time.

When I was teaching, back in the '70's , my students often referred to these as "Cobras" . So I had my work cut out for me. :lol:

ford-mustang-ii-cobra-ii-8.jpg It does say "Cobra" on the side. :huh:190242ulgrf8ijpg.jpg I can see how they may get a little confused, though. :o

Looks more like a Cougar to me.................

G