Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Predicta Project

Very cool, I started a 1/16 scale Predicta last year but got stuck on a few things and put it away. Want to get back to it one day. I also was in Tulsa, OK in 2007 for the raising of the 1957 Plymouth and went on a side trip to Starbird Museum and saw the Predicta in person.............Something I will never forget.

A few years ago I contacted the museum to order a copy of Starbird's autobiography (authored by his grandson).

A nice lady answered the phone, and took down all of my information for the order. As we were wrapping up, she asked if I would like to have the book autographed. I replied "of course, if you happen to see Mr. Starbird, and it's not too much trouble." She responded that it would be no problem, as she had seen him practically everyday for the last 54 years. it was only then that I realized that I had been talking to Mrs. Starbird all that time!

In addition to the Mark Gustafson info that Casey mentioned, I highly recommend the Starbird autobiography to all of you who are fans of his work. Lots of great stories and photos.....

I had the distinct and exciting pleasure of seeing Darryl Starbird actually drive the Predicta around in ordinary traffic. I grew up in Wichita and happened to see him driving the Predicta to a photo shoot in Oak Park, where many of its best photo portraits and magazine pictorials were shot.