Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Pete 379 Livin' Large (Totally Coming Together)

017a_zps4deb86d3.jpg016a_zpsbbc9c044.jpg015a_zps4d2ed391.jpg014a_zpse61cc513.jpgI'm gonna convert my first Pete 359 into something else....It's gonna be a large one, but I don't know exactly what it's gonna look like when I get done...I'm just gonna wing it, as usual...I finished making a hood, today...Here's what I got...

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few more things made up for this one....I stretched the frame and put it together, of course, and made up new battery boxes....I'm going to use the kit tanks, but had to strip the chrome....I also made up some air filters out of PVC pipe and plastic with a little wire mesh I found at the dollar store in the form of a strainer....They're not done, yet...I still have to add some ribs to them....017a_zps21c56828.jpg001a_zps6fbb7f69.jpg004a_zpsf952bf74.jpg014a_zpsce386992.jpg019a_zps6c1452f1.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

This truck is going to be massive. Also J.T. I am going to steal the way you made the breathers, its such an innovative way to do that. I am an honest thief I tell you first.

I don't have a problem with that at all....If you can use something I post....Awesome!!!! Makes me feel good I was able to help somebody....I've "borrowed a few ideas, here and there, myself....Really like this forum for that.....You're welcome to use anything I post, Guys...Anything.... :):)

001a_zpsf12510b5.jpg

003a_zps359b4ebe.jpg

004a_zps5c0c5d2b.jpg

011a_zps4a9eb89c.jpg

027a_zpsd12c6d45.jpg

031a_zpseb324df0.jpg

040a_zps42946a13.jpg

Got some more work done, this week....Once again, I've decided to go with my signature color, orange....Got the left and right side interior modules pretty much done, and I made a TV and computer....

I guess it will be on to the chassis and engine, after this...Then I'll be back to do the cab....That's what I'm thinking, anyway...

042a_zps24f89918.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10