Model Cars Magazine Forum

pete 379 outlaw trucking style

ohh ok i didn't know when they were first released....the rear part of the fenders are molded onto the cab for the 377 aren't they ??...how much modification would the springs require

That kit isnt modeled after a unibilt. It was kitted years before the pete came out with it. If you feel up to altering the front springs, i can send you a 378 hood

ok...i'll let you know after i receive the kit...will be my first italeri so idk the kit is coming in from the southern part of my state so hopefully after i purchase it tonight it will come in on tuesday or wednesday...i received it at a very good price...lets hope it isn't like the titan

Let me know if you want the front end, hood, bumper, grille, headlights and the cab sides.

Right now, I have 3 extra front ends and 2 sets of cab sides. That im not gonna be using. I may be able to save the front springs off my 1st 378 i built.

Sorry if it seems im tryin to talk you out of building this.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Let me know if you want the front end, hood, bumper, grille, headlights and the cab sides.

Right now, I have 3 extra front ends and 2 sets of cab sides. That im not gonna be using. I may be able to save the front springs off my 1st 378 i built.

Sorry if it seems im tryin to talk you out of building this.

Ok will do...sounds cool man...no worries just had this in mind if i were to go 377 your ideas and offerings help out because after all (as of today )i am just a fifteen year old kid enjoying himself the right way without x box and such

There ya go man. Modeling is, unfortunately, a hobby on life support. Theres not enough new and young builders. Because of electronics and what not. I just traded some kits for a rare truck in need of some help, from a young modeler. So anyway i can help or inspire the next generation of builders i will as much as i can.

Resin or really good with altering the kit kit hood. To make it an extended hood. A standard hood is fairly simple. Tim Alhorn has some directions for that. The 1:2 difference in the 378 and 379 standard is this. The 378 is a 1 piece fiberglass hood, the 379 standard is a multi piece aluminum. Now on the kit hoods, its just creating the seam line on the sides of the hoods, either cutting it up and glueing back together or scribing the line. I think Tims directions show cutting it.

Resin or really good with altering the kit kit hood. To make it an extended hood. A standard hood is fairly simple. Tim Alhorn has some directions for that. The 1:2 difference in the 378 and 379 standard is this. The 378 is a 1 piece fiberglass hood, the 379 standard is a multi piece aluminum. Now on the kit hoods, its just creating the seam line on the sides of the hoods, either cutting it up and glueing back together or scribing the line. I think Tims directions show cutting it.

where would i find tims tutorial ?

going to start an italeri pete as soon as it arrives (b-day present to myself) :D thinking similar this one or maybe i will use the stock unibilt sleeper without the air deflector...not sure yet tho....take care guys

attachicon.gif377 aerodyne.jpg

This is a Peterbilt that Tim Alhborn must see anyway. Peterbilt 377 tri-drive with KW aerodyne sleeper.

This could make a nice model, isn't she Tim???

Kostas.

Edit.

Edited by Kostas Parchas

I didn't know you were only 15, Man.....That's a breath of fresh air....I have a 21 year old son that's a natural at this, but he lives in Iowa and has a lot on his plate....I hope he stays interested.....I'm glad you've found an interest in this hobby.....That's just great....

Edited by kilrathy10