Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the BEST "chrome" looking paint???

Alclad Chrome lacquer is very close to chrome plating. If you are doing a large area like this trialer:

HPIM1580.jpg

you can use aluminum foil applied with some sprayable craft glue. I have just sprayed another trailer with Krylon "Original Chrome", after it is dry I'll take a pic of it. It is like most of the chrome spray paints, though, it has more of a shiny aluminum look rather than chrome, but seems to reflect better than most.

without a doubt....spaz stix ultimate mirror chrome...just used it for the 1st time its easy and its looks great...

Me too. And it comes in a spray can, but it's gotta be sprayed on top of glossy black. I used it over Alclad black "lacquer" undercoat, and it looks fantastic. I don't know about any other undercoat. What did you use, Outlaw?

Me too. And it comes in a spray can, but it's gotta be sprayed on top of glossy black. I used it over Alclad black "lacquer" undercoat, and it looks fantastic. I don't know about any other undercoat. What did you use, Outlaw?

One bit of caution. Alclad black is an enamel and not a lacquer. You have to keep this in mind when top coating. I always apply clear over the base coat as that is what Alsa calls for and I get great results with any of the chrome paints. I just happen to like the Alsa system, because I bought a quart and split it up so a lot of my friends got a bottle at a relatively low cost.