Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stock '99 Silverado no. 2 part 1.

I am building my '99 Silverado, stock edition from revell in a Victory Red over Pewter metallic with a medium gray interior. This is part 1 of my build. Parts 2 and 3, will have more content as I finish it up. This is my second Silverado model kit in line, hence, no. 2. My goal is to collect 10 of these trucks and 5 of them in GM Factory colors for the Silverado pickups during the years of 1999-2006. The other 5 will be painted with Tamiya's exotic colors. For part 1, I will just show my interior work-in-progress. It is painted in Tamiya's AS-7, neutral gray to closely replicate the OEM medium gray interior of the Silverado. Black, inserted parts are painted in Tamiya's flat black bottle paint.

post-14434-0-92074400-1410673103_thumb.j

post-14434-0-20786300-1410673110_thumb.j

post-14434-0-22734500-1410673115_thumb.j

Not yet but I can't get some by the end of the day. I've barely gotten into it at all. I've shortened the rear spring hangers up, and I can get the rear end lower, but I'm not a bitg fan of the high front and low tail look. The front all I've done is to flip the kingpins. Aside from that I've only done body work.