Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

Just an idea but what about grabber green with the lazer stripe in the pic. Black trim where the chrome was. Body color bumpers. Then gun metal wheel centers. Along with those do the grille mesh and trunk inserts in gun metal instead of black. Black int with cf door inserts and maybe a grabber green roll bar to get some color inside. Think it would look sinister yet be colorful

My buddy had a green Torino with that stripe. He mashed his passenger side door and I was able to find him one in the same color. He had a spare stripe that came with the car. It became my job to put it on the door. We were 18 and not that experienced, I didn't know about the soapy solution method, so we measured and slowly rolled out the stripe onto the door. It came out pretty good. Only I could see the wave in it!

Sounds like blue is the winning exterior color, but I see a few different hues of blue being liked, so we should probably each post a single pic of the specific blue we like best and make a final color decision.

My vote is for this light metallic blue color and the white/blue laser stripe, as pictured:

ford-203.jpg

Either way, at least Jeff can eliminate a red interior now. :wacko::lol:

Here's the one I was looking for....

547.jpg

548.jpg

549.jpg

I like the Grabber Blue, only with the GT kit's hidden headlights and honeycomb taillights, but lose the vinyl top.

If you're building an early 70s Mopar its gotta be a High Impact color, if its a Ford, gotta go with a Grabber color.

Well I have a few more pics of parts to show. The picture with the interior pieces are finished (the interior tray is not shown). The rest are being worked on and the pics used on the computer as a sort of magnifying glass.

Finished3Picture8666-vi.jpg

ExhaustPicture8674-vi.jpg

WorkingPicture8679-vi.jpg

The exhaust is almost done, Fred. You're going to need the chassis to check the engine fitment as well as the exhaust or no?

I think Grabber Blue would look too dated if we're updating the wheels and interior but I can't be sure...

I will need the exhaust to make it fit the headers but I have several chassis here

I think we'll have whoever does the chassis/suspension work mate the exhaust to the headers once the engine and headers are installed. I'm guessing the headpipes need to be modified to connect to the headers, and we may go with a slightly non-stock exhaust system anyway, so I think we should wait until the engine is installed to address the exhaust system.

No problem. We know who is putting this thing in the weeds yet? Lol

Not yet. If nobody wants to join in, I can always take care of that step, or if Andrew wants to keep the kit and handle the chassis/suspension, etc., that'd be fine, too.

I like the darker blue one (see below) that Fred posted earlier better, but the lighter one looks good as well B) Not a big fan of the Grabber blue on this car though...I guess we would want the old standby black vinyl interior with the blue exterior? White, blue, or ginger are stock colors available with blue exterior also (for something a bit different)...

1970%20Torino%20GT%20SCJ%20017.JPG

We can decide between light, medium, and grabber blue, (or another blue) based on the three colors Jeff, Ron, and I posted pictures of, so let us know which blue you prefer.

I like those interiors a lot, Jeff. Once we finalize the exterior color, we'll decide on or if we want to use exterior stripes, and we'll decide the interior color.

If anyone would or wouldn't like their parts primed please let me know. Primer would be shot with an airbrush if that would alter any decisions and it will most likely be Model Master. The body will remain a "body in white" as I believe that is part of bodywork. Any other special requests with your part of the build will be discussed and done to the best of my ability.

Andrew, have you put any primer on the interior pieces yet? I was hoping you DIDN'T, but if you did, I'll work with it. Sorry I forgot about asking you sooner :)