Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Gear 1/25 scale Diecast 1973 Ford F-100 StyleSide Pickup

Has anyone actually measured one of these (or their '68 Chevy pickup for that matter)???

I saw the Chevy on eBay quite a while back and messaged the seller for a wheelbase measurement...it was more like 1/28, at least according to the dimension they gave me, so I passed...

• 3 years later...

Have any of you gotten around to getting one of these?

these have, what looks like the right wheel covers for my resin 1972 Ford LTD.

and if the trucks are smaller than a true 1/25, they may be easier to find some proper white walls for.

Project title "Operation Zebra" Dec.'73

image.jpg

They do look a little different, but they are meant to represent the same 1:1 wheel cover. They look pretty good with a little detail painting, though to be honest the lettering is a tad on the large side. 

003_zpswnfoqnsl.jpg

Yes it's that wide "moat" surrounding the roundel that puts me off on using them on my "Zebra" unit.

I have two sets of resin copies of these, and I will definitely use one set on my "75-78" unmarked SFPD, but really want a little different look and feel on the '72.

I might even use the covers from the 1/24 Motor Max '86 Diplomat, which are headed to the parts box.

image.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hello, and thank you MP.

They appear a little different, I'll have get the diecast and, or, figure something out.

Hello Mandarin and Chuck...hey the two user names together sound like a recipe idea for Allrecipes.com.

I finally found a reasonably priced First Gear '73 p/u to raid for wheel covers ($30.+) from Collectible Diecast.

They are exactly what I needed!

The first one of mine, is with the loose AMT part in the foreground...not flat enough for that look.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 2n3/4 SFPD
Cropped the photos

Has anyone actually measured one of these (or their '68 Chevy pickup for that matter)???

I saw the Chevy on eBay quite a while back and messaged the seller for a wheelbase measurement...it was more like 1/28, at least according to the dimension they gave me, so I passed...

I suppose I should do my best to answer jeffs396' question, in the case you haven't bought one.

The truck is 1/25 scale, I don't have a 70's Ford p/u kit to compare it to, but I do have a resin 1/25 scale '72 Chevrolet Suburban and the doors, hood, tailgate and width are almost the same and the First Gear is even a couple of centimetres longer in overall length.

If you'd like me to post some side by side pics; let me know.

I believe these resin Subbys are based on the AMT '72 Cheyenne kit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 2n3/4 SFPD
Misspelling