Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford A/SR - FINISHED

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all comments guys, I´m glad you like this build.

Some progress on this one.:) The second primer layer went terrible, so I spent many hours to get the surface back on track again.

Once the body was ok I decided to make a neat hinge for the trunk. I made the hinge from brass rod and tubing. 

/ Rick

Gångjärn1.jpg

baklucka öppen.jpg

baklucka stängd.jpg

Very nice Rick. Neat trick with the stove bolt and film.

Thanks Brad.

The acorn nut was THE perfect tool to get the right shape. I wraped a small plastic bag aruond metal surface so it would not stuck in the bondo. :) 

/ Rick

Sorry to hear about your primer setback.  It looks like everything is well-recovered.  Your hinge work looks phenomenal and the lid, itself, fits perfectly.  Can't wait to see your next update, especially the interior panel for the lid!

About the primer failure, All I can say it was a mix of human error and murphys law. :huh: :blink::P

/ Rick

You've got some truly amazing scratch-building skills Rick.  Sorry you "lost" your earlier photo-bucket pics in the thread but I'll most certainly be following along as well.  Do you have a Fotki (or other photo hosting site) page that we can visit to check out your other work?   Cheers, Tim

You've got some truly amazing scratch-building skills Rick.  Sorry you "lost" your earlier photo-bucket pics in the thread but I'll most certainly be following along as well.  Do you have a Fotki (or other photo hosting site) page that we can visit to check out your other work?   Cheers, Tim

Hi Tim, yes I notice my previous uploaded pics don´t work. Photobucket want me to upgrade my account to get "unlimited 3rd party hosting"...and they expect me to pay $399 for that.......haha :) .

Instead I will re-upload all pics in this thread from page one soon. 

If some one want to chek out my old stuff on Photo bucket I´ll put the link below :unsure: 

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/RickHedlund/library/?sort=3&page=0

It´s time for a small but nice update :) 

I finaly got the gold base on the body. I used a IWATA HP-BH1 PLUS airbrush for the basecoat/clearcoat...everything went well this time, The clear coat (Sikkens Auto Clear 2K) was spayed in 4 thinn coats and the results turned out just great :)

body_gold_metallic.thumb.jpg.faf26e9943e

/Rick

Edited by RickArt

What an eye for details Rickard.  I love that pic and what you did in the trunk area, and the sweet paint job you put down.   Appreciate the link to your site and I made sure to check it out.  Some super nice builds you've done and I realize now why so many others follow your threads.  cheers, tim