Model Cars Magazine Forum

We're having a heat wave...

Don't mean to bring you all down, but here on the western slope of the Colorado Rockies, things are pretty darn fine. Hot during the day (upper 90s lately), but very low humidity, and cool nights (I'm at just over a mile in altitude, and it was 52 the other morning). We get the monsoons, too, after Arizona's done with them, but they never last long. And yes, I know how lucky I am.

Thanks..every day I live with the regret of moving from Colorado to Arizona 3 years ago. Worst decision of my life.

Let 'er rip! I love summer and love the hot weather. Better this than freezin' my butt off in the dead of winter.

The people in my office at work are A/C freaks and they're not happy until there's frost on all the desks. I wear a light jacket all day.

It feels really good at quitting time when I can finally get outside and warm up. B)

Oh, I HATE it when it's humid. Heat, yeah, I can tolerate. But add heat with humidity and a blazing, sunny day... I'll stay in the air conditioned model room and fritter the day away there! Not that I'm a fan of winter... I don't mind the cold, but I hate snow quite passionately.

What does this have to do w/ Model cars? other than you can't paint in High Humidity / High Temps / Torrential Rain

fire-animated-hot-burn-31000.gif

That pretty much depends on one's infrastructure. If you are a partial open-air modeller like me, the weather is the most important thing. As a rule of thumb:

The weather in England is only good for modelling, when I have to be in the office. The moment I finally manage to allocate time to paint a model car body, it sure will be like you see it in the movies.

Nothing is better for a good paint job, than a heat wave.

That pretty much depends on one's infrastructure. If you are a partial open-air modeller like me, the weather is the most important thing. As a rule of thumb:

The weather in England is only good for modelling, when I have to be in the office. The moment I finally manage to allocate time to paint a model car body, it sure will be like you see it in the movies.

Nothing is better for a good paint job, than a heat wave.

Wow, England is just like Michigan!