Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Dodge Challenger Pro Mod Body...wip (updated 2.22.13)

hOLMS

Hi guys, since I'm in the finishing stages of the 68 Corvette P/M bodywork, I went ahead with some of the beginnings of my next body experiment, just aching for some plastic cutting I guess. I know I should finish one and I will soon, probably will be a "New"stalgia type funny car, after I have this one and a Ford body done....anyways, going for broke on this 2010 Dodge Challenger. I do love these cars, but they certainly have funky proportions. So, we'll see where it goes. Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy.

Basic start point with rear fascia marked for removal
000_0254.jpg

Rear fascia removed and top marked for relocating
000_0258.jpg

Top removed, moved cut portion 3/8" towards rear to reduce "Greenhouse"
000_0259.jpg

Before and after of top relocation, wheel center-to-center shows finished wheelbase
2010Cb4afttop.jpg

Edited by hOLMS

Thanks for looking in so far guys....inching forward a little bit and thought I would share. I call this one the "Challenging Challenger"....lol. Anyways, next on the list is to finish the top, tuck the rear fenders in behind rear tires (sort of hanging out like a parachute) and finish the wheel openings. Hope to get a little bit done this weekend.

B4AFT9211A.jpg

Hey guys, thanks for looking...Richard, I think I might go with the name, it fits. Derrick, appreciate it.

Moved fwd a little more. I've included shots of frt, rear and a B4 and AFT of current progress. Once I get this frt end sewed up and filled, will be time to move to the rear. Then, when the whole body is smoothed over somewhat, I may be be wedging here and there to add some small curves on the overall profile, not sure yet.

000_0274.jpg

000_0273.jpg

B4AFT-090411.jpg

Hi all, been able to work on this body a bit more. Couple pix of progress, should be in primer b4 too much longer, now I'm moving into the fine-tuning of the shape and sealing/smoothing it all up. Thanks for the comments and looking, I appreciate it very much!! I hope to have this car built over the winter.

b4aft91211upd.jpg

b4aft91211updb.jpg

b4aft91211upda.jpg