Model Cars Magazine Forum

PRO XTREME CAMARO

baddgass

The magnets sound like a good idea, I noticed that Wayne & a couple of other guys used the magnets on their P/M builds.

Yes your right, i saw it on one of are brothers build, so i use it.( and it works great! )

Well i'm work on the last parts to finish the chassis, like battery hold down, parachutes mount & anchor, fire bottle clamps, master cylinder clutch and brake pedal, gas pedal and some other little thing. And then on to the clean-up work and paint. I'll have some pics. soon. Thanks all for checking out the build. :o

Terrible!,awful!lousy!. O-K, I'm just joking :lol: :lol: :lol: (something bad had to be said sooner or later LOL!) :D , it ALL looks great Derrick!, lovin' this build!

Thanks Richard but sometimes bad can be good. Help me be a better build, so if you or anyone see something that's looks fun, let me brothers. ( Then i'll hunt U down!! :angry: LOL :lol: ) Thank you all for looking it me builds.

Derrick, super as always mate. I'm thinking that chute mount looks good enough. B)

IF anything, it may be a tad high...(?) :unsure: It could get some turbulence up there. Most I see have them tucked down below the wing, but I will admit,

I have not looked at many with the Fueler wing.. :( Just a thought.....

Derrick, super as always mate. I'm thinking that chute mount looks good enough. B)

IF anything, it may be a tad high...(?) :unsure: It could get some turbulence up there. Most I see have them tucked down below the wing, but I will admit,

Thanks Greg I was thinging the some thing, so i move it down and a little sorter.

Thanks Greg I was thinging the some thing, so i move it down and a little sorter.

That was my sentiments as well, maybe up a bit to high and out to far. Make those adjustments and you should be right in alignment. The chute bags are pretty close to the rear lip of the trunk even with a high wing if I recall.

That was my sentiments as well, maybe up a bit to high and out to far. Make those adjustments and you should be right in alignment. The chute bags are pretty close to the rear lip of the trunk even with a high wing if I recall.

Thanx for all the good advise guys. I mover the chute setup down and choser to the bumpper. I thing it looks a lot better.

001-85.jpg

002-86.jpg

003-85.jpg

004-82.jpg

Well working on sanding the frame and puting in the last bits, and then going to paint.

That looks much better, only issue is the angle the bracket is sitting for the chutes... Hope you don't mind me showing some pics.

These aren't a 70 camaro, but it should give you the idea of where they sit and at what angle. The big thing that I see that you are also missing are the aluminum Cans out the back of the Chute. Remember there is a big spring in the can or chute bag that when opened it kicks the parachute out away from the car.

18584391-535-2008-g.jpg

here is a straight on from the back view.

18584395-289-2008-g.jpg

Hope this helps out.