Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 440 Cuda Coming Together.

FordRodnKustom

First I want to give a big THANKS! to everyone for your encouraging replies to this build. My job commitments are taking a lot of my time lately but I'm still making some progress. Today I finished up the grill details. The headlight lenses had those awfull pins molded to the backs of them so I shaved them off and sanded the back of the lense smooth for a better look. I covered the holes in the backs of the bucket with BMF. The overall grill color is Testor's Metallizer magnesuim spray. Looks like I need to touch up the grill wash a little. I used the Tamiya flat black and it seems to act a little strange when thinned.

grill006-vi.jpg

Hi all, I was messing around at the bench yesterday while watching the race and decided I didn't like the kit's chrome tail and back up lights so I came up with this quick solution. I made a mold with Micro-Mark mold putty and casted the new lights with 5 min. epoxy. I mixed in some Tamiya clear red for the tail lights. Not perfect for sure but I think a bit better than the kit parts ! :lol: Comments always welcome.

TailLights002-vi.jpg

TailLights003-vi.jpg

TailLights006-vi.jpg