Model Cars Magazine Forum

Death Race 66' Buick Riviera

made007

Tuesday is my free day, so i worked a little bit on the model, heres a quick update of some scratchbuild parts im making:

The kirkey aluminum seats:

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Im using bondo putty, and the evercoat its the new one im gonna try, but it dry faster

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Testing:

IMG_0600.jpg

Theese i found on my parts box, perfect to make the headlights:

IMG_0589.jpg

The barrels done:

IMG_0598.jpg

And the first time i try custom wheels:

IMG_0601.jpg

i got 4 to try:

IMG_0605.jpg

I just need 1 good to make more copies on resin, usin wheels that i casted ill make the one i need:

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

until sunday, enjoy

Edited by made007

which one? the ones im doing or the revell ones?

Sorry bout the late response the computer updates booted me out! My bro is buildin up a old mazda subject ( cant recall the subject and was looking for the BBs rims! I mentioned alot of the racing subject kits has them but he wasnt willing to purchase a kit jus for the rims! Im digging the slotted ones now that you mention it for myself so... im guessing both sets lol!! PM if it sounds cool!!

Sorry bout the late response the computer updates booted me out! My bro is buildin up a old mazda subject ( cant recall the subject and was looking for the BBs rims! I mentioned alot of the racing subject kits has them but he wasnt willing to purchase a kit jus for the rims! Im digging the slotted ones now that you mention it for myself so... im guessing both sets lol!! PM if it sounds cool!!

il let you know when i cast a few

the same style as mine?

181529_190530127635753_100000363005661_615376_5205373_n.jpg

They're similar and a little unusual. I've only seen two or three other sets on other Rangers, so I imagine that the chances of finding a 1:25 set out there are very small. I've been researching ways of building them myself, and what you've got going is sure to be helpful.

Regards,

David G.

My resin its been stored for too long, now its old and its making bubbles, casted like 7 rims and took theese 4 that were the best, but i have to order some new resin, here are the pics:

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

i ran out of Mr surfacer 500, so i did a Tamiya gray putty and laquer thinner solution to fill the bubbles in the resin, i put some in a small cap and aplied with a small brush:

IMG_0628.jpg

Edited by made007