Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pinellas Park Florida Model Car Show and Swap Meet

Len Colombo

I've gotten some more info on this show.

Fees

General admission $6

12-under free.

$3 for first model, $1 for each one after that.

Catagories

Youth. Factory Stock. Street Machines. Pro Street. Street rod. Rat Rod. Custom. Import. Street Truck. Low riders. Tuners. Commercial. Road Racing. ...NASCAR. Drag Racing. Nostalgia, both Racing and Drag Racing ('80-older),Motorcycles. Large scale (1/23-larger). Small scale (1/26- smaller). Diecast.

The contest runs as follows:

Saturday: 9am -1pm for contest registration

12pm - 3pm, voting, display open

3pm room closes, judging (for themes) and vote counting

Sunday: 9am-3pm vendors open

3pm auction, and awards ceremony for contest

The categories listed above along with two themes. Primary theme is Funny Cars and secondary theme is Franken Cars (any two or more bodies combined into one model).

Im hoping to see some picutres, posted of the show, & vendor area. I have heard, this is the "Largest Southeast Model car Show"..... Looking forward to seeing some photos.

I'm not sure where you heard that statement made but this show is a first time contest for a swap meet that has been ongoing for a couple of years now. Unfortunately there are no model contests in Florida that can boast the "largest Southeast model contest". That label would have to probably fall on the Atlanta NNL which is this coming weekend.

I really enjoyed the show, there were alot of great builds. Met some nice people, everyone seemed very enthusiastic and having a good time. Picked up some good deals from the swap meet. I hope the show will grow.

I forgot to bring a camera, did anyone out there who went to the show take any pictures?

Edited by 58 Impala

• 3 weeks later...