Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 scale 69 camaro pro mod (mike hill's car)

comp1839

dave, i guess it all depends on the guy who owns the car. some guys use chute launchers and might feel they don't need the net. also might depend on the style of wheelie bar, where the chutes are mounted, etc.. personally i'd use the net. on some of the tracks with shorter shut down areas, i've seen chutes get tangled in the bars and become ugly fast.

On this season's first Finnish Championchip Drag Race Event one Super Pro Street category car went out to sand because chutes got tangled to wheelie bars on that 300 km/h speed, the driver started to slow down with cars brakes, but it spinned around (on four wheels all the time) and stopped to the sand.

About the '37 (?) Chevy- looks fantastic! That will be cool ride!

About the '69 Chevy- Can't wait to see more!

Hehehe, as Mark mentions above, "How can one not enjoy"..... B)

Dave, I'm gonna book an airfare.....I wanna be there for this beasts first run. :)

Can't wait to see what other plans you have up your sleeve mate....I just know this is NOT going to be your every day grocery getter. B) :lol:

Nice Dave, so what power plant will you be using? and will it be N/A?

joe, i'm tearing my "mule" motor apart from the dragster. it's a 499 cu.in. drce block w/ pontiac pro stock heads. i'm going to take out as much compression as the pistons will allow and remove as much valve spring pressure as is safe. it still won't be very streetable but, at least it will drive. the motor i want to eventually install will a 552 cu. in. drce block w/ olds pro stock heads. it will be built with around 11:1 compression and a more streetable cam somewhere in the .650" to .700" lift range.

both motors will have 2 dominators and no nitrous at this point.

there is a long term game plan to build a 700+cube motor but, that is a very long way off.

hopefully greg will be correct in that it won't be your every day grocery getter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...