Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's in the box......Revell Corvette C6-R.....

PatRedmond

Thanks Pat!

Mine should be arriving next week, just in time as the Z06 is about done. I'd like to build this one:

DSCF0165b.jpg

yes, that's me. This picture was taken by no other than the legendary Art Anderson.

I took many pics of this car. I'll post them if I get a chance.

Thanks,

Be prepared to be happy with a shelf model.

VERY simplified. VERY. :roll:

Don't let that scare anyone; a friend is building one and it's looking fantastic. He was very skeptical before starting, but it's looking excellent. The only glaring omissions are no engraved or decal rear side markers, and the wing uprights are for ALMS races and not the LeMans race (as seen in Ismael's photo).

Good building/painting/decaling skills like making tape templates and applying C/F decals go a long way towards making it a very nice model.

Model by Matt Wadlinger:

C6R_12-vi.jpg

C6R_15-vi.jpg

DSCF7975-vi.jpg

Please don't take my 'SIMPLIFIED' as POOR. I mis-stated this.

It will look great finished, it's just not super-detailed like the C5-R's.

The kit is much like Japanese curbside kits. What you NEED to see, you see.

So is Millenium Yellow still the correct color? I just got mine today

Millenium Yellow was replaced by 'Velocity Yellow' for the C6. Slightly different. A hint of pearl.

So is Millenium Yellow still the correct color? I just got mine today.

Len,

This may not hold in a court as hard evidence, BUT, I would think the C6-R is Velocity yellow for the following reasons:

Millenium yellow was available only in 2005 on the C6. Velocity yellow was used in quite a few 2005 cars at the end of the production run. About 700 according to my estimates, vs about 2000 cars in Millenuim yellow. The first Z06 made in the assembly line was built in February 2005, with production cars started shortly after. This means that when the Z06 started rolling (as a 2006 MY) 2005 production was already winding down. The 2005 peroduction run officially ended Sept 8.

The C6-R was unveiled together with the Z06 in January 10, 2005. It was clear it was going to be a 2006 model year. I've seen pictures of the C6-R in certain light conditions that indicate Velocity yellow. I saw the car personally, but without a Millenium Yellow nearby to compare, it is hard to tell.

Bottom line: I would go with the VY but both colors are similar. I'd love to do Earnhardt's C5-R in millenum Yellow as a companion.

Thanks,

Ismael

The pearl in Velocity Yellow is so stealthy it's far less noticeable than the fine metallic in Hemi Orange.

Hee hee..... I recall mixing my own 'Vitamin C Orange' at my buddy's NAPA/DuPont paint mixing center.

I was surprised when the microfiche formula stated a certain number [i don't recall how many] grams of 'Fine Silver' in it. 'Low Hiding Black' as well, IIRC.

I'm looking forward to getting this kit too. Ismael, your knowledge is unbelievable.

Here is the pic I think Ismael was talking about:

Z06race-vi.jpg

Used to be my desktop picture. Anyway, the C6 is gorgeous as well as the C6R.

If anyone would like the higher resolution picture for themselves let me know.

Chris

If you need some reference pictures, check out my web pages here: C6-R info.

Side note, the wheels in the kit appear to be the correct 2005 OZ wheels:

C6R001-07.jpg

Above - 2005-05-22 - Mid-Ohio - Front wheel detail

HOWEVER, if you are doing a 2006 car, note the switch to BBS wheels (and decals, of course):

C6R-003-06.jpg

Above - 2006-03-18 - Sebring Grid

C6R-003-15.jpg

Above - 2006-05-20 - Mid-Ohio ALMS race - BBS wheel detail. (And side marker light sticker detail.)

I have lots more pictures, let me know if you need any others.