Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT White Freightliner Cab-Over

Good Day Folks!
Have a few questions about this kit.
1) What color should I paint the diesel engine (I want to use the Cummins "gold" color) but not sure what paint to buy. It can be acrylic or enamel.
2) I am kind of a new builder, is it common for level 3 kits, NOT to have part numbers on the spur? It's a little difficult, trying to match the part to the picture :-)
Thanks in advance,
-Steven

The engine should be Cummind Beige. Tamiya Deck Tan XF55 is a good match.

As far as the no part numbers on the sprues, most of the Round2 reissues don't have numbers on the sprues; or the numbers on the sprues are the old numbers & they don't match the instructions.

I am thinking, that I may have to put this kit on shelf, till I get a few more builds completed. I made it to Part 3: Basic Chassis - I can't figure out Step 2: Crossmember braces how they are suppose to be attached , and I can't even find step 4 on the sprue tree - Below is a link to the instructions, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.round2models.com/files/instructions/amt620.pdf

When I built mine I hated this part. What I did was first glue in the main crossmember pieces, there are little bumps on the inside of the upper frame rail to locate them. I glued them in making sure they stayed pressed firmly against the upper lip of the frame rail. Once they were dry I got the braces cleaned up and turned the frame over. The braces fit one of the small flat surfaces on the bottom of the main crossmember and the other end goes to the lower lip of the frame rail. Basically, the little square pieces hand down at a 45 degree angle and connect the upper crossmember to the bottom lip of the frame rail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm new to this forum i just got this same model. step 4 of part 3 you are missing if you look at the main part 7 where you put the engine in you will see a good pick of the engine mount you will find it with that pic. i'm new to the model world and i got this truck and a amt fruehauf van for christmas and seem to be way over my head on this lol.been looking for much needed tips and tricks.

I'm doing this truck for a friend, man I can't believe how crapy the cab goes together with big seam lines from the three piece cab, a lot of filling and sanding . Frame went together good , I'm now on the home stretch . Will post photo's when done.