Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Nova SS-DONE!

slammedi'am

Looking good Shane, paint looks great, and nice colour choice!!

Like the chrome on sides and window trim added, personally IMO the hood would look better without the big bulge, or at least greatly reduced, and just the ZR1 style window grafted in, given the rear tire size used, but if you put some significant meats on the rear, then the big hood bulge would fit the look, if you know what I mean!?

Im gonna make it all one piece and wont sit up that high...Gonna try to make it look more factory.Ijust layed it there so everyone could c the way I wanna go for the hood

Cool job so far. I have a thing for the early Novas. Back in the day around 1975, my buddy Mark had a '62 Chevy II 2 door sedan. It was a hand me down from his sister and had been brush painted white with house paint. The back seat was from another car (someone missed tossing a cigarette out the window and the back seat bottom had caught fire) that wasn't tied down. It had no seat belts and virtually no floor, but it was Hell on wheels!

The crazy things we did in that car. I'm amazed that we didn't get killed. Mark's father eventually made him junk it since he feared that the body was barely attached to the chassis due to the floor rust. Mark got a '66 Mustang coupe with a six cylinder / 3 speed as a replacement. And that's another story!

Yes, I'd love to add both of those cars to my shelf someday!

• 2 weeks later...

Outragis, make sure you cut cown the windshield on the Trumpeter '63 Chevy II convertible with a razor saw. The Hardtop is fine, but the vert is way too tall. I used an original AMT kit as a guide. If you look at the side of the Trumpeter box, it shows the correct height. I don't know why the kit is wrong seeing as they had good information. Other than that, the kit looks pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...