Model Cars Magazine Forum

George 53's getto garage close to being finished

Guest Gramps-xrds

:huh: OOOHHHH YYYEEEAAAHHHHH, THAT IS YOU BILL! you got that rascal DOWN! the color is right on the money!I remember paintin that rascal with paint that we bought at the Sherwin Williams close out store.The wood was so old that it just sucked up the paint.I think it actually took 5 or 6 gallons!! :huh:
Ya know, I think it's time you two come clean - Gramps......George....... come on now, you guys were brothers growed up together - right?! This is just too weird. :blink: Yer makin it just like George remembers it, Gramps! and it is lookin goooood! You nailed it Gramps, with that paint job. and that roof looks ###### fine too, at least on my computer!

:o Well,######'n It lookin pretty true to the original pic, But it really should have that addition to be perfect! Why cantcha just make yer doors bigger so's you can rollthe display from room to room?Or better yet jus build you an addition so's you can have a room jus fer yer models? that way you can have a place to sleep after "Honey Doo" throws ya outa the house fer tearin up all the doorways!Just a suggestion, cas I don't wanna see ya sleepin outside.Unless you LIKE campin out! :o
'Honey Doo' done did dat 5 years ago with 2 of the local police officers. Tha's how I wound up back in the big ol empty house I growed up in, (well, pysically growed up in anywho :huh: ) Been a ruff time, but friends like you & Gramps, & Florian, and the Good Lord, have got me almost sane now :huh: and I guess since I'm almost ok, I can handle a move. :D My mom is gonna sell the place and me & my rats gotta find a new hole to crawl into. I do like your suggestion bout makin the doors bigger. :blink: You sound like a model railroader.

I am gonna add something to the main building but I doubt it'll be the big addition, maybe a paint booth? Nice thing bout the diorama is it's a nice looonnnngggg work in progress.

Guest Gramps-xrds

######'n, You never cease to amaze me. :o:o That dio is way cool. You're doin a hell of a job bud. I see nothing wrong with usin homosote for a base. The nice thing usin it is, if you want to drill holes for some trees or something, it'll hold them. It takes paint good but it needs some latex first to seal it, or you better have lots and lots of paint. :huh::huh::blink:

:huh: why does it NOT strike me as odd that the ######'n is usein somethin called homo? The reason(i think) that Bill is hittin on all cylinders is because if'n you seen ONE ghetto alley gayroge,you seen em all!!!But to be honest ######'n he really IS my big Brudder what ran away from home when he was a wee yout! He din't wanna grow up inna house wit 4 screwy sisters, like he lefted me to do!!!! :huh::blink:

Guest Gramps-xrds
Its a good thing I understand hillbilly, other wise I wouldn't understand what you guys are saying.

Nice work Gramps and ######'n, maybe one of these days I will build my garage.

:lol::P Clay I gotta warn ya, build in these things can be addictive. Once you start one you just want to keep goin till it's done. :lol::lol::lol:

well it will definitely have to wait until I can get my work area straightend out. Cause as you can see there wont be much building going on here.

WorkArea001.jpg

Anyway, its way too hot right now to work in the garage.

well it will definitely have to wait until I can get my work area straightend out. Cause as you can see there wont be much building going on here.

WorkArea001.jpg

Anyway, its way too hot right now to work in the garage.

Gramps is right Clay, the dio can be addictive, and good. Specially when yer workbench looks like yours.........NORMAL, like all the rest of us's workbenchs. :lol: But the cool thing bout the dio, and it aint gotta be hugeass like mine,(Gramps tried to warn me) just a place to show off the model. You'll find ya want to work on the dio, and then you'll wanta work on the model - so you can put the model on the dio!! and on and on,

Guest Gramps-xrds

Clay, I'd venture to say your work area is no worse than most of us guys. ;):huh: You should see mine, at least you have room to move things. Mine is 5"x8" and it's crammed all the way to the ceiling. There is one thing though, I have a 20x24 garage that is my other work shop, so that's where I do a lot of the bigger work. :D:lol::lol: