Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reworking some familiar designs

Harry P.

Yes, No, Yes.

Love the taillight treatment it really works.

No way on the GTO. You can't improve on perfection.

I definitely like the updated treatment on the 300, but I think a little more modern treatment of the headlights would help it. Get rid of the trim rings and fair it into the body. Otherwise a great improvement on the design.

What if the Beach Boys were English? ;)

surferrolls.jpg

What if the New Beetle was a little more like the old one?

beetleafter.jpg

What if a Corvette had a "Luxury Decor package" option... :rolleyes:

cadivette.jpg

And what would a tuner from the Communist bloc have looked like in 1968? ;)

trabantafter.jpg

ok...I'll take my medication now...

Harry, you have way too much free time on your hands. That "Studebang" is way over the top, but I do find the Chrysler 300/DeSoto an interesting idea. Headlights look a little odd, but I was thinking about something along these lines...how would a Chrysler 300 look if done as a '49 Mercury style leadsled? I think not too far from the front design of your car. Maybe....Maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
For instance...what if the Impala had gone to horizontal taillights a few years earlier?

61impalaafter.jpg

What if the mid-sixties GTO had horizontal headlights...

67gtoafter.jpg

What if the new 300 had a more "heritage" look?

5506300.jpg

Just a few of the ideas rolling around in my head... :)

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE U THANKS FOR MAKIN ME SMILE. I USED TO PUT 2 DIFERENT CARS TOGETHER. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY NUT HERE. DO U EVER DRAW ANYTHING BY HAND?? TOM MURPHY UNFINISHED DREAMS

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE U THANKS FOR MAKIN ME SMILE. I USED TO PUT 2 DIFERENT CARS TOGETHER. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY NUT HERE. DO U EVER DRAW ANYTHING BY HAND?? TOM MURPHY UNFINISHED DREAMS

I haven't drawn anything by hand in many years.

I used to do it all by hand... airbrush (acrylics) on illustration board. And all the pain that goes with it... running out of a color at 10 PM with the illustration due in the morning and no art supply stores open anymore... or worse yet, paint bleeding under the frisket... or worse yet, the airbrush spitting onto the illustration, or actually spilling paint onto it. Sheesh... the stuff I used to put up with! :)

Now I do all my illustrations electronically. Still "drawn" by me, but instead of an airbrush I use a mouse now. That's progress, I guess... :lol: