Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 914/6 GT

afx

I'm paying close attention to your great build, but pausing to show Hyperlink. There's a weird looking icon about in the middle of the row above you typing area ... actually I belive it's supposed to be a chain ... it says "Link" when you pass th ecursor over it. You first go highlight and copy (ctrl c) the link from the page you want to link. Then highlite the text you wish to add th elink to and hit that Link icon. Just paste (ctrl v) the copied link into the box that pops up and hit OK.

Thanks Mike, I was doing it correctly but apparently the forum doesn't play nice with Internet Explorer. When I tried it in Google Chrome it worked.

On 1/19/2014 at 8:14 AM, afx said:

... don't think that is where I am going with this build .....

Just kidding, actually, I prefer the direction you are going. And, "Foxer" beat me to the bit on embedding links.

Though if you had a resin version available later, and if I had the time later, I can already envision the pickup version via a quick & dirty photo alteration using this guy's pic. Perspective is still a tad off, and I'd have to do something a bit better with the angle of the rear surface, but it gives the general idea, particularly the application of the 914 taillights.

903673347_914-6pickup.jpg.51050a5067c1ac9a92217d59f7bb9a03.jpg

Edited by Russell C
fixed busted photo link

Just kidding, actually, I prefer the direction you are going. And, "Foxer" beat me to the bit on embedding links.

Though if you had a resin version available later, and if I had the time later, I can already envision the pickup version via a quick & dirty photo alteration using this guy's pic. Perspective is still a tad off, and I'd have to do something a bit better with the angle of the rear surface, but it gives the general idea, particularly the application of the 914 taillights.

t5qff7.jpg

Russell, you could do a Porsche Race Team, with your ranchero pulling the GT on a trailer.

• 3 weeks later...

Max, Yes CSX2128. I'm currently thinking Sebring '63. However the decals and strips are a problem. I'll start a tread on the Cobra so it doesn't take over this thread.

I'm pretty sure one on the many reissues of the AMT kit had the correct gumballs and yellow stripes,

Edited by vamach1

I'm pretty sure on on the many reissues of the AMT kit had the correct gumballs and yellow stripes,

If you have a set of decals in your stash Rex I would be happy to work out a deal with you. I have nothing in my collection.

• 1 month later...

Your doing some fantastic work on the 914, which is still my favourite Porsche. In the UK it was always called the VW-Porsche, where as a race marshall had seen the 914-6 race in the '70's.

I've recently worked on two of these kits but the poor quality has made me put them both back in their boxes. I've done as you have, beefing up all of the chassis, rebuilding the suspension numerous times as one wheel is always off the ground, and one still is so I've put them away for the time being.

I might get them out again after the seeing the great work your doing.

I look forward to seeing the finished car!

Your doing some fantastic work on the 914, which is still my favourite Porsche. In the UK it was always called the VW-Porsche, where as a race marshall had seen the 914-6 race in the '70's.

I've recently worked on two of these kits but the poor quality has made me put them both back in their boxes. I've done as you have, beefing up all of the chassis, rebuilding the suspension numerous times as one wheel is always off the ground, and one still is so I've put them away for the time being.

I might get them out again after the seeing the great work your doing.

I look forward to seeing the finished car!

Thanks Patrick. I am building the street version of the 914/6 as well.

• 3 months later...

Mr. AFX,

Please forgive my ignorance. A question to satisfy my curiousity. Did you build duplicate components or did you send this beautiful build to the resin caster to dissassemble for mold making?

I would hate to think you would cut a up great build. I am not familiar with the resin casting / mold making process. Hence the question.

Thank you,

Brian Kroon

Edited by GlueTube

Mr. AFX,

Please forgive my ignorance. A question to satisfy my curiousity. Did you build duplicate components or did you send this beautiful build to the resin caster to dissassemble for mold making?

I would hate to think you would cut a up great build. I am not familiar with the resin casting / mold making process. Hence the question.

Thank you,

Brian Kroon

Brian I sent him the entire kit. The way I assembled it it was easy from him to take apart and cast. Look at the kit below and you will see what I mean.

DSCN1578-vi.jpg