Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Spend quite a bit of time on ebay and it seem to be an trend the recent months to part out vintage kits and

sell part by part. Anyone else noticed?

Yes Tommy I've noticed that too...... especially some guy in Canada who always lists each and every part of every kit separately for ridiculous prices.

I also notice that quite a few sellers really don't know their cars. For instance, today I saw a '56 Plymouth Taxi model that the seller had listed as a 1957 Plymouth. I sent him a message advising him of that. Usually they will correct their listing or at least put a correction in their description.

Road tax ? Hows that work ? Pay per car ? ????

Yes,$500 pr petrol car newer than 30 years and $550 if you have a diesel. Also there is road tax on tractors,motorbikes,snowmobiles

and close to anything with an engine. After WW2 there was restrictions and sanctions on who was allowed to drive cars

so they made somthing called luxury tax. It was not until the late 50s cars where allowed on a free market and could be bought

by anyone,but the tax stuck with it and have been increasing since then. So if you have 4 cars it`s $2000 a year.

Also when you buy a car,for cars model 2000 and older,you will need to pay $255 to register in you`re name and get plates.

If you buy a 2000model and up until today you need to pay between $600 and $1500 depending on the cars weight.

Another example. A base C Class Mercedes is $35800 in USA:

A base C-Class in Norway is $63000.

had a great score at local goodwill store an amt customizing kit of a 1958 pontiac hardtop mint in box with the original price tag of $1.00 for $2.99 now thats a deal.

vince

Unbelievable!!!! What a GREAT score!!

Pics! We want pics!

That's pretty amazing that a 56 yr old model would be found like that..

Doesn't happen at any Goodwill stores around here. Best you can usually do is a pair of 56 year old jeans for $10, or a 56 year old cordless phone for $5.

@Don- Those car haulers hold 6 or 7 cars. You can still find the kit of just the trailer too. There's even another kit with the tractor, trailer, and two car kits included(the '82 Camaro Z-28 and '82 Firebird T/A) all in one box.

Thanks for the heads up....Sure am going to get me one...Think it would be Cool to hold Ferraris....That's what i like to build...Cheers.

had a great score at local goodwill store an amt customizing kit of a 1958 pontiac hardtop mint in box with the original price tag of $1.00 for $2.99 now thats a deal.

vince

Doesn't happen at any Goodwill stores around here. Best you can usually do is a pair of 56 year old jeans for $10, or a 56 year old cordless phone for $5.

Yea! I've been stalking the local Goodwill for three years now and haven't found a single decent model of any kind. Best thing I've found was a Pontiac Vibe diecast in 1/25 for $3. One trip I thought I was seeing models when I saw the familiar AMT logo from across the store. There were two kits, one a Ferrari the other a Corvette. Both were incredible paint bomb / glue bombs that were never finished. They wanted $5 each for them, I wouldn't have taken them for free!

I always check the t-shirt rack and have gotten some cool shirts for $3 each. A lot of them are new. My favorites are beer related, but my overall favorite find is one from the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

My most recent buy was 3 old Kodak slide carrousels that hold 140 slides each. I am trying to go through my old family slides (my father took everything as slides) so they were a must have for $2 each.

Edited by Tom Geiger

This came in the mail today. It's an Iwata Revolution CR. It has a bigger tip(.5mm) than the Eclipse for thicker paints although I did still get it to spray a pencil line thickness. It is the same great quality as the Eclipse for less money. IMO one can never have enough airbrushes. I know cleaning is hassle with some but it is a joy to paint with a good airbrush.

31e-QTF%2BctL._SX466_.jpg

Edited by 935k3

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...