Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT's Autocar A64B reissue ?

ok , so i guess i will try here next as i feel i completely ignored on another message board about this same question :evil: :?: :!: :evil:

does anyone know if they still plan on bringing this truck kit out & if so about what time of the year ? & what year ?

TIA

J.J. :)

Guest Anthony Oteri
ok , so i guess i will try here next as i feel i completely ignored on another message board about this same question :evil: :?: :!: :evil:

does anyone know if they still plan on bringing this truck kit out & if so about what time of the year ? & what year ?

TIA

J.J. :)

What message board would that be?

• 2 months later...

ABC Auto....

Don't hold your breath....

Read earlier in another forum...that the project (release date) was majorly pushed back till the end of October possibly into November...Maybe other forum members can ring in on this one...

There are several original(s) floating out on Ebay right now...you might want to go in that direction...

Kurt McLucas

ABC A I, Most due dates for model trucks and cars are specified by month and year or quarter. Their has never been an exact date for release on any model I have seen.

So asking for a specific day that this kit is coming out is going to be nearly impossible unless you talk to someone over at Steven's, and even then you probably won't get an exact date.

When they are available you'll know as these guys are right on top of releases. I know it's not much help, but that's the reality. So many of these kits get pushed that an exact date is impossible.

I'd also like to WELCOME you and per forum rules ask that you put your first and last name in with your signature.

Chris

It was delayed a month due to licensing issues that have been sorted out.

Tim

This licensing thing is going to be the death of us, I say we start a boycott, nobody buy a new car unless there is a kit of it. ;)

Glad its worked out at least, I'm looking forward to getting one of these.

I don't know who owns the Autocar name (considering they're out of business), but the copyright thing is a little crazy. I was email the onwer of modeltrucks.com.au about his Cat C-16 engine, and how it ian't on his site any more. Aparently Caterpillar wanted $5000 for each Caterpillar item that was produced. That's a lot of resin engines at $40 each to cover that kind of expense. I think you can still get them, he just doesn't advertise it. Sort of like Dan's Model Truck World and the Canadian trucking company decals.

Alive but I don't know about well...in Canada anyway. They might be doing well in the US but here in Canada, I think they are strugling. Most AutoCar garbage trucks we see here don't have any badging on them, the only way you know it's an AutoCar is a small 2" sticker on the dump body. And one of the drivers said the dealerships are having a hard time getting parts to keep them running.

Dan

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm getting sick of waiting for this kit. I mean, I don't care about the exact date it's released, but I just hope it gets released soon. If they cancel it entirely, I'm going to be so mad.

UPDATE: I recently found out that this kit is due next week. I'm so happy it's finally being released! The wait is over! I'm going to throw a ticker-tape parade!

Edited by ABC Auto Industry

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I'm also seeing reports that it's finally arrived. Pick one up today!

OTHER UPDATE: I got one today, and I can't wait to finish it! For some odd reason, the box art is a carbon copy of the original kit's box art, only with the Stevens International logo. Does this mean that Ertl sold AMT or something?

Edited by ABC Auto Industry