Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm here! I hit a wall with the look of the engine I was going for. BUT!, I conquered it today after work and it's something I have not seen done to tie together a theme and a look I have in my head for this car. Won't be long now. I hope you guys are as excited once you see it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here! I hit a wall with the look of the engine I was going for. BUT!, I conquered it today after work and it's something I have not seen done to tie together a theme and a look I have in my head for this car. Won't be long now. I hope you guys are as excited once you see it

409043.jpg:P

Edited by Monty

I bought the reissue of this kit a while back. I was kinda disappointed that the Cragar wheels are different diameters. But, pleased to find a set of headers inside! Did this Pro Modeler version come with Cragars and headers? If it did come with Cragars. Are they also different diameters? I won't be using the engine or Cragars on my build. But, I would have liked to use the Cragars on something else.

The project as a whole will be worth the wait guys. Trust me

When the idea for this project first came to be, I was intrigued by the myriad possibilities that could result from a group of talented builders lending their respective skills to a given section of the kit. I guess I'm operating under the assumption that each member of the build is only supposed to have the kit for a specified amount of time before passing it on to the next member, as per the usual group build rules. After all the effort that's gone into the previous sections, I'm just hoping this doesn't "snowball".

It's not. There was no specific time frame so that it didn't create a hard line and hard feelings. Know what I mean? Everyone involved has lives outside of the hobby and life does get in the way. The whole build has had good transparency and we all know where it's at. I will have an engine update with pics today

It's the decal, no backing paper. I had to carefully sand the writing off the cover then paint the area white. I used every color stripe to get it right then went back to the one I needed. I had to micro sol the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of it. Then once it was done I hit it with clear. Just a little touch to bring it all together

Nice touch Fred! B)

I'm trying to finish up over the next few days. And as you said earlier, this is taking longer than we had hoped, but it WILL be worth it in the end! :)

Life DOES get in the way sometimes, I think we ALL wish we had more bench time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of that, Ron, did the model arrive at your place yet?

Not yet, still waiting for a tracking number and a not saying it was shipped from Fred. Haven't heard anything about the interior or the rest of the kit yet. Who has the body and chassis for this right now ???

DONE!!!

Couldn't get great pics, but...

IMG_3256_zpszg5bujxy.jpg

Did we ever talk about what color the exterior mirrors would be? I found them in a baggie in the box, unpainted. Every reference pic I looked at shows them being body color. Also the hood had a little chunk missing from the leading edge, it WAS in the box. I glued it back in place, but you can see the crack in the paint.

Billy, do you have any blue paint left from this? I could probably custom mix and get close, but the actual paint would be MUCH easier...