Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford Fairlane 500

Dominik

HI,

i want to show you my latest built, a '57 Ford Fairlane.

the colors and kit choosed my beloved lady, i was "only" the one, who built it. I always love the old amt-kit, cause the doors open...sure more work as the Revell kit.

A mistake i made on the steering column (upside down mounted)...looked at the wrong picture in the instruction...a lot of work with the paint...but it came out as wanted. the doors work already.

enjoy:

CIMG150504_051.jpg

CIMG150504_049.jpg

CIMG150504_050.jpg

CIMG150504_053.jpg

CIMG150504_052.jpg

CIMG150504_042.jpg

CIMG150504_046.jpg

CIMG150504_044.jpg

CIMG150504_045.jpg

feel free to say what you think.

Edited by Dominik

I think it looks fantastic. Great job. I'm so '57 Chevy'd out. The Ford I think was a superior design over the Chevy. What is really so special about a '57 Chevy. I sure don't see it. JMHO though. :D

From what I see, you've done a great job. That particular shade of green you chose gives it a little more authenticity, being a common color back then. That kit just begs to be two-toned, which, to look its best, means masking everything off properly. You nailed that as well as the trim work, too. Very nice work overall.

I don't recall that washer fluid bag being part of the kit. If it wasn't, it's a great addition.

Thank you very much for kind comments! i appreciate it all.

in the mean time, i love that kit. i was also i little bit "chevy-blind"...since the day, my lady choosed that kit.

From what I see, you've done a great job. That particular shade of green you chose gives it a little more authenticity, being a common color back then. That kit just begs to be two-toned, which, to look its best, means masking everything off properly. You nailed that as well as the trim work, too. Very nice work overall.

I don't recall that washer fluid bag being part of the kit. If it wasn't, it's a great addition.

That fliud bag is molded in the enginebay. nice detail, i "only" painted it, monted the houses and made the Fo-Mo-Co decal

To make it "perfect" in my view, i made also decals for the speedometer (?) and the emblem on the trunklid.

Aaaaand...i forgott...cleaned the bumpers, sanded them to make them fit and painted them with alclad. and more work.

The paintjob bugged me a couple of times...the Foil work also. But at the end, i am proud of the result and my lady said "well done".