Model Cars Magazine Forum

’67 SS 327 Nova

Scale-Master

This is a model of my fourth car, circa 1983, in about the condition it was in when I sold it. I only had it for about 7 months. It was fast and unsafe. It was in this condition when I got it, but a bit dirtier and with a bunch of junk stuffed into the interior. I did little to it other than drive it to the brink of abuse, (not that it hadn't been treated that way before I got it), and I put the OCIR bumper sticker on it.

It was the last year for the dragstrip. I didn't run this car on it, it would never have passed tech. (I did get my Camaro into the field for The Last Drag Race though. Ran my Vega there many times too.)

I used the AMT Grumpy's Toy kit and added a few items to the model that made my car unique. This model was a blast to build and brought back many memories. It turned out to be a really quick build too; only 11 days.

WIP thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103049&page=1

DSC05535_zpswm6mkvuv.jpg

DSC05536_zpsmccsroid.jpg

DSC05537_zpsgruyjhub.jpg

DSC05538_zpsjae7pvzk.jpg

DSC05541_zpswwhqieep.jpg

DSC05542_zpsnjpmjfvm.jpg

DSC05544_zpsauiralr9.jpg

DSC05533_zpsib2rubfi.jpg

DSC05534_zpsefs0dw4j.jpg

Oh Ya!!!!!......turned out great......loved watching this come together .......I need to echo what Mike said......I love the whole thing but,that front windshield caught my eye ........really nice Mark

Edited by John Teresi