Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XJ220 of Red Wine color

Sergey

Are the lights part of the kit, aftermarket or scratch? Just wondering how you did them as I wish to start putting them in my models. Love to hear tips from the pros :D

Chris, the lights are - LEDs (white for headlights and red for taillights)added to base kit. Read more about ithere: http://www.automotiv...ad.php?t=979322

2 evilone: Kevin, I will try to scanit for you.

Thank you, Guys for kind comments, but you should see some other Russian models here: http://www.dishmodels.ru/cmp/dishow2010/index.htm

It's our anual Competition and you can vote after registering. First tour with my Jaguar has just past. It will take part in the final since 6-th Februar.

Edited by Sergey

sergey, why dont you make a wip of the led lights mod?, to see how you did that ,what components did you use?

Good question, Jose. It is not so hard to do. First of all you should know nominal voltage of Light Emission Diodes you got. If you linking them in line you should summ their voltages. If you linking them in parallel - you should supply the voltage jf one LED. And do not parallel LEDs with different voltages. Also use LEDs of same current (aprox. 20 mA).

2 lordairgtar: Well, perhaps our kit manufacturers do not feel potential in developing and salling Russian car kits. Perhaps our cars are so bad, that there is nothing to proud of to reflect it in plastic. We learned so well to make weapon and forgot about civilian products. I guess the same in hobby (though I make only model cars and US trucks).

• 4 years later...

Wow! I know, it's a couple of years ago, that this model was presented. but I got the Tamiya Jaguar as a present and so I'm looking for some ideas as inspiration. This kit is awesome. The opening doors are great and the lights! Awesome!

Love it.