Model Cars Magazine Forum

10.5 tire outlaw Twin Turbo Mustang BACK TO WORK ! :)

Nice work Nick...Nice looking fox body what size motor is in it? It has to be good piece with having 4 kits on it.

well I normally like to keep it on the down low but working on a real turbo set up right now anyways so heres the details. you all should feel special i NEVER speak of such things. lol i know its just a motor. Dart 572 all aluminium all the goodies. Speed tech systems mostly lol sorta a concoction of just really way too much nitrous. Pro mod glide survives about half a season hence the turbo build right now and time for models ;) Really need a lenco thats in the works also. Then after I completely over power the car Im sure Ill find the first guard rail that wont move when I try and park in it. lol HOPE NOT.

Thanks for checking the stang out

Finally Finally got a GOOOOD camera I know you will finally be able to see whats actually happening. Heres whats going on showing the work on the aluminium upper intake . Let me know what you think of the parts and where Im headed. THANKS again so much for taking the time to follow this build. ..... Nick

DSC03538.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

DSC03541.jpg

DSC03542.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03546.jpg

Most of these parts are in progress. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!

Great job so far Nick! Keep those progress pics coming.

As for color, I like the orange idea. Not sure if you have an airbrush, but if you do you might want to think about a HOK Tangelo or Sunrise Pearl. Both are really nice bright oranges that House of Kolor mixes. You can get them from Coast Airbrush in a 2oz bottle for on the cheap. Then you can use an automotive clear in a paint bomb and clear it and be fine.

Say on your 10.5 tires, you may want to look up a couple other threads on here. We have a forum member that casts rubber 10.5 tires and from what I am seeing posted they are really good.

If that is something you decide to do, just send MicroNitro the tire and he can cut them to fit. This way you don't have to worry about getting the wrong size. :) Jim will take care of you!

THANKS for the info on the tires. I think Im going to definitely get in touch with him. Probably both wheels and tires. Thanks for the information. It will help tons with the correct stance of the mustang.

Here are some other pictures of the upper intake in progress. Still VERY rough but after I get to filing an hour or so she will be looking shiny and smooth. just part of the process. Its kinda neat to think something rough like this is actually very close to looking polished and great given the right treatment. Ill make sure the finished product gets up by tomorrow night. No paint either just aluminium and polishing work. We will see. Thanks for looking......... Nick

DSC03551.jpg

well I normally like to keep it on the down low but working on a real turbo set up right now anyways so heres the details. you all should feel special i NEVER speak of such things. lol i know its just a motor. Dart 572 all aluminium all the goodies. Speed tech systems mostly lol sorta a concoction of just really way too much nitrous. Pro mod glide survives about half a season hence the turbo build right now and time for models ;) Really need a lenco thats in the works also. Then after I completely over power the car Im sure Ill find the first guard rail that wont move when I try and park in it. lol HOPE NOT.

Thanks for checking the stang out

Sounds good... That lenco is a heavy pig but they are pretty bullet proof, lol when it's time to take it out you will definately miss the glide.

Sounds good... That lenco is a heavy pig but they are pretty bullet proof, lol when it's time to take it out you will definately miss the glide.

This is true... Im just hoping it will put up with my everlasting search for more cubic inches. Trust me I do love my glide / glides especially with the 10.5 tire. technically speaking a nice soft launch is very helpful when trying to harness all the power with the small tire coming off the line. If slamming the rear bumper into the ground and smashing my eyeballs into the back of my head each pass is soft. comperativly it is soft in drag terms compared to blasting the tires off with such a low 1st gear and that equals going nowhere... sooooo it back to school for me in clutch managment and Ill be good as new. riiiiight... ill get all sorted out though. Thanks for the comment. ill keep you posted.

Sorry for sooooomany post with not that much information. I do Have a question. Does anyone know where I can get some metal part chromed? like real chroming. I know its possible. I think anyways but does anyone know who might deal with some pieces so small??

THanks for all you help.....nick

Hey again Here are a couple of mock up pics to give you an idea of where Im heades. Remember still no turbos yet. also no cold and hot side plumbing. LOTS of work ahead . sorry for the slow progress. Still having fun! Ill keep eveyone posted. Thanks for looking NICK....

PS nothing is in finished form just set up for the next step and check clearances. AND believe it or not the headers are actually equal length.

DSC03556.jpg

DSC03555.jpg

Looking good Nick. :)

How did you go with the turbo's from the Aus. supplier ? I see you have made your own, or are they for the next build. :)

GREAT 1:1 as well...Must be hella kool sittin' on those rear meats on launch. B) ;) :D

Looking good Nick. :)

How did you go with the turbo's from the Aus. supplier ? I see you have made your own, or are they for the next build. :)

GREAT 1:1 as well...Must be hella kool sittin' on those rear meats on launch. B) ;) :D

I liked what he had. Thank you so much for the info. If the ones I ordered make it here before I am ready for mounting Ill decide then which ones to use. It seems like Iv'e been scratch building a lot on this project. its actually a lot of fun looking at all the different shapes and parts I have and figuring out what to trim here what to add there to make what I really want. Having more fun with this model than any other. Ill have pics up tomorrow I even just made my first fabricated rear end housing all metal talk about tiny tiny folding and building. looks great.

DO you know anyone that can chrome anything this small? I have several metal parts that I would like to have really chromed. It never seems to look real with current paint methods unless I don't know about something.

LASTLY thank you for the complement on the 1:1 fun isn't exactly the word on launch. more like "hang the F&%^ on and please be track in front of you after the sky goes away.... The best one ever was when I finally came down I was luckily still in my lane but past half track. I had no idea what was going on what happened to the track and why was it so short???? I actually had been on the bumper past half track lol!! probably should have died lol. It is a blast once you sorta get used to it its never the same ever.

Thanks again for looking and stay tuned. Lots of updates hopefully everyday if I can help it. Thanks all for looking and comments.... Nick

Was able to do some more work this evening. Hers where I am on the Rear end housing so far. Its not going to be black going to try the acalad 2 on it to chrome it unless anyone knows anything that will look better?? or more realistic. Let me know what you think. Thanks again for looking and the comments as always.... Nick

DSC03567.jpg

DSC03569.jpg

DSC03570.jpg

DSC03571.jpg

DSC03572.jpg

hey Nick, that sheetmetal rear housing is looking the goods man. B) Nice fab work. :)

Yeah, good luck with the turbos, if he had them in stock, they are usually pretty quick I've found. ;) May take up to a couple of weeks to get to you of course.

LOL :lol: Man, I can only imagine the feeling as you head off, nothing but blue sky before you......Must be a real rush. :) B)

Good luck with this build man, and your real "track" days too. ;)

Thank you guys all for the comments. They keep me building!! I just got done "RE DOING" the headers. I wasn't happy with them. Ill get pictures of the new ones up this evening. They came out really really good . I will be proud to show them just have to get to the camera and the bench. As soon as I get home Ill get them up. Thanks Again for following..... NICK..

I was considering changing from a standard lenco and going with a bruno drive considering its a 10.5 car. Possible even a glide. What do you guys think?? Also do you have a good reference photos of what ever transmission you think should go into this car?? Thanks for letting me ask you advice. What do you say??

Not a Lenco anymore. Playing with some ideas right now. Tinkering with a bruno drive with a ford bell housing. Lots to do if I go this direction. I think It would be pretty neat never put anything like this in a build yet. Let me know what you think. Thanks Nick DSC03574.jpg

DSC03576.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

Thanks for looking.... Nick