Model Cars Magazine Forum

ITC 1911 MERCER RACEABOUT 1/8 scale

f1ford48

Model Motorcars has Fiat aftermarket tires.

Yeppers, a set of front/rear white tires, to include a set of the PE leaf springs and brown leather..........forthwith in ordering for the FIAT from Model Motorcars.com. Only other part ordered is a PE SS Grill from Germany. That will pretty much be the aftermarket I will use on this build.......total f/all aftermarket $255.00....of course there is the finishing material ie: paint, that adds up too. :rolleyes:

Building a Pocher can add up fast, but I am not complaining..........last Pocher build I did, lets just say, wifey knows I paid a wad f/the kit........aftermarket was almost as much as well! <_<

Rick

I'm looking forward to digging into it. Should be here in a few days.

Hope you get faster than the Entex Ford Stake truck I won on eBay and paid for, going on 3 weeks ago now! :angry:

Seems the seller marked as shipped the next day after sale...........tracking shows was shipped much later..........and still yet no sign, nor does the tracking number show where it is @.........has not changed now for 2 weeks.........contacted seller, no reply and noticed today, kit listed again w/1 day ship :blink: ?

Rick

Edited by Pocherphile

Hi Rick- I used Floquil reefer gray-stinky stuff but flows nice and is tuff finish.

there were lots of questions about the authenticity of grey tires at NNL and I have found out that besides white the early tires also came in gray and yellow.

I didnt see an OLD 16 on ebay but saw the MERCER ITC- I take it Harry won that-excellent price considering the condition of the contents. [as good as it gets]

Hi Rick- I used Floquil reefer gray-stinky stuff but flows nice and is tuff finish.

there were lots of questions about the authenticity of grey tires at NNL and I have found out that besides white the early tires also came in gray and yellow.

I didnt see an OLD 16 on ebay but saw the MERCER ITC- I take it Harry won that-excellent price considering the condition of the contents. [as good as it gets]

Did not get Old 16 from eBay.....bought from Gasoline Alley.

Rick

I backed off of to purchase a Hudson Miniatures "Old 16"..............I paid a wad for it and could not swing both. I can not wait to see what you do with it.

Rick B)

Here's a very interesting article on what is said to be the most accurate Stutz restoration. It was the basis for the Hudson Miniatures Old Timers kit. I think it opens up the question of what's original and what's authentic. I think they're equally valid (except for many one-of-a-kind historic cars, as mentioned above).

http://www.autoworldmobilia.com/stutz/stutz.html

Edited by sjordan2

Here's a very interesting article on what is said to be the most accurate Stutz restoration. It was the basis for the Hudson Miniatures Old Timers kit. I think it opens up the question of what's original and what's authentic. I think they're equally valid (except for many one-of-a-kind historic cars, as mentioned above).

http://www.autoworldmobilia.com/stutz/stutz.html

Right- that was Tony Koveleskis car-restored the second time in 1952. he started Scranton Hobbies and the Hudson old timers series. he passed away recently leaving one of the biggest antique toy collections in America. I talked about this a while back on Harrys Stutz post.

Edited by f1ford48

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a HM Mercer from Gasolinealley.com, just easier this way, if he has what you want, e-mail the desired kit, they invoice you and pay.......deal completed. But be aware, his kits are pristine, 100% complete, they look like you just bought from the Hobby Shop in 1950! Price reflects this, but is well worth it. Well packaged, priority mail and insured if you like. You pay the ship charges. Good people to deal with.......but again, pricey. When I have ordered from them, I never have to worry if the kit is not complete, wheels warped or the wood looks bad from too much heat/water damage.

He will gladly answer any question you might have.

Rick B)

SIA-ComplexSimplex_02b_1000_zps60dcddca.EdRoy2_zps00f92884.jpgSIA-ComplexSimplex_03b_1000_zps2ba04286.SIA-ComplexSimplex_04b_1000_zpsea6be9fc.there was a Gentleman who did some phenominal scratch building back in the 50s. his name was Ed Roy and he restored a beautiful 1911 SIMPLEX that came to him as a basket case. the Models were based on the car he restored and took a few decades to complete. the engines ran -the transmissions and clutches worked along with the brakes. I recently saw a close up of one of the brass cowl lights and it was jeweled and had a wick and opening door-an exact copy. many articles have been written about Mr Roy as he started the early antique car clubs back in the late 40s. the models were in 1/6 scale I believe.EdRoy1_zps1dbc9c01.jpg

a great article on his models appeared in Automobile Quarterly decades ago. Ed is gone now but his models live on.....I thought all you ''Brass Fans'' Would like to see this FS

Edited by f1ford48