Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt Wilson`s: 23 T` Bucket new project 10/9/12

John Teresi

John,

It all looks great! Your progress is incredible. I can't believe how fast this is coming together. Well, yes I can... Teresi Speed!

I also want to thank Gary Sleeper at GWS Custom Decals for the help on this. Gary is great to work with. If anybody is looking for some custom decal work, Gary is your guy. Check him out at:

http://www.gwsdecals.com

Edited by Art Laski

Hello.........Ray,Art Buddy........thank you for your kind comments...........I removed the ford emblem and hinges on the tailgate ........I also added some trim on the sides of the bed.........I got primer on the body and did all the body work.........thanks for looking.

DSCF5250.jpg

DSCF5248.jpg

DSCF5246.jpg

DSCF5236.jpg

DSCF5230.jpg

DSCF5238.jpg

Hello......thanks guys for the kind comments.....I made engine and transmission dip sticks....also made a gas cap......and got the engine mocked-up with components......thanks for looking.

DSCF4911.jpg

DSCF4912.jpg

DSCF4909.jpg

DSCF4907.jpg

DSCF4908.jpg

John....What's up with the Transmission?....In post 38 you show a 4 speed, with very nice detail by the way, and now you are adding a dipstick for an Automatic Transmission....This is not right....You knew that though, didn't you?....

John....What's up with the Transmission?....In post 38 you show a 4 speed, with very nice detail by the way, and now you are adding a dipstick for an Automatic Transmission....This is not right....You knew that though, didn't you?....

Michael........no,I did not know that.........I`m pretty stupid ain`t I ?.........but, I`ll tell ya what..........it won`t happen again........you only have to tell me once........sorry! :unsure:

Edited by John Teresi

John, do yourself a favor and do a little research on the differences between manual and automatic transmissions .......... manuals like in this build do not have filler tubes nor cooler lines going to the rad. Also would not have Park Neutral 1st 2nd 3rd on the shifter knob. Come one man, in this day and age with how EASY it is to research stuff like this ........... Thought you might have learned from the same blunder on the 68 Larson Camaro ,

Alan

• Sad 1

Hello........Michael,Alan,thank you for your input..........Bernard thank you very much for your kind words :) .........I got some color on the body and a clear coat.......H.O.K. white base coat and H.O.K. true blue pearl..........with RM 5800 clear coat........I will airbrush the graphics tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF5257.jpg

DSCF5266.jpg

DSCF5271.jpg

DSCF5264.jpg

DSCF5268.jpg

DSCF5273.jpg

DSCF5263.jpg

John, how about a little info on how you get the curves and the tight radiuses in the gold graphics so smooth. Did you mask the area and then cut away the area to be sprayed gold? Or did you somehow mask in such a way that you left the area to be painted uncovered? I'm sure a lot of members would like to know exactly how you achieved such smooth curves.

John, how about a little info on how you get the curves and the tight radiuses in the gold graphics so smooth. Did you mask the area and then cut away the area to be sprayed gold? Or did you somehow mask in such a way that you left the area to be painted uncovered? I'm sure a lot of members would like to know exactly how you achieved such smooth curves.

Sure Harry...........I masked the area to be painted uncovered.........I use "Datak" brand circut board tape size .015 and .040.........I like this tape because it is thin for taping off tight turns and has just the right adhesive..........first I use the 0.15 to tape off the graphic then I lay the .040 just barley covering over the 0.15 this will secure any movement in the tape........then I cut thin strips of 3M blue painters tape about an 1/8 inch wide and lay that barley over the 0.40..........I do this to make sure no over spray will appear.........then I cover the existing area with more pieces of blue tape...........I like to mix the paint thin enough so that it will dry faster when you lay the paint down..........I will remove the tape in sequence starting with the blue tape immediately after airbrushing.........so that it does not have enough time to dry fast and chip and flake........I will do one section at a time............cowl first, drivers side second, passenger side third etc........... hope I explained this ok?........when I try to explain something it`s kinda like same-way as when I build something and it is wrong :rolleyes:

DSCF5276.jpg