Model Cars Magazine Forum

Celtic Thunder Kenworth

I didn't bother taking pics during the build, so straight to "Under Glass". This was made with the Revell W900 snap kit. The day cab panel is from FG Model (sold for a Peterbilt) but I chose

to use it here. FG Model is out of business which is a real shame...real quality parts. All tires and drive wheels are from the Moebius tire and wheel kit. Questions and comments always welcomed :)

IMG_1395_zps529aacf3.jpg

IMG_1397_zps2338c0c9.jpg

IMG_1394_zps3171ddec.jpg

IMG_1393_zps924782f8.jpg

IMG_1392_zps0ec6f126.jpg

IMG_1390_zps8488e047.jpg

IMG_1387_zpscd20a8bb.jpg

IMG_1386_zpscf861eca.jpg

Lokks really nice. I like it. Looks like you updated the hood with square headlights.

That I did...I modified the hood and cab doors for a more up to date look. The headlight lenses are from P&P Resin (thanks to KJ Humphreys)

Dennis,

SNAP KIT??? If you didn't say it was I wouldn't have ever known. Very nice clean work nice little extras.

One question I have is on your pipes. Are they made from plastic or aluminum? Also how did you get the real nice 90 degree bend on them?

Kenny B

Dennis,

SNAP KIT??? If you didn't say it was I wouldn't have ever known. Very nice clean work nice little extras.

One question I have is on your pipes. Are they made from plastic or aluminum? Also how did you get the real nice 90 degree bend on them?

Kenny B

For the pipes I used Plastruct 1/4" tubing and the bends are Plastruct elbows. The exhaust guards are made from PEX tubing.

Dennis, you sneaky son of a gun! nice build! sneaking it right in here with no 'on the bench; teaser shots :D

that is an awesome looking truck, well done!

Thanks Tom! I do apologize for not taking shots as it progressed. This was supposed to be a fill-in project while waiting on parts for my trailer build.

Well, it morphed out of control, the trailer took a back seat and this is the result...I wish I had progress pics...definitely next time :D

Very sharp looking truck - looks like a real work truck with a lot of "Driver Pride" .

I had just been thinking lately on why you dont see more of these kits built a daycabs. A fine example you have displayed here.

Thanks Sean...that's the look I usually strive for :)

Edited by Tesla