Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saleen Mustang Speedster

Ron35369

I agree with Dirk, I could not get that hood to lay flat on the drivers side. I almost glued in in the open position but it broke up the "fluid" lines of the overall car with it open. My up top seemed to fit almost perfectly, especially after I tweaked one front corner a smidgen. I'm not sure if the spoiler sits too high. The mounting points could be sanded down a touch to get it closer to the trunk lid. I thought it looked ok as it was. Overall I still recommend this kit. It was fun to build & most everything fit quite well.

It may be, I'm just going on what I've seen in the past. I just now sanded mine down. We will see how it goes once the paint is on. I got my hood to lay down a bit more by sanding the sides. The hood also is sticking up partially due to the "hinge" I noticed this while trying to get it to lay down. Idk if it will be hitting something once its all together.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/tuners/112_9805_1998_saleen_s351/viewall.html

I didn't know they put 351W's in the saleen. I thought they were all 4.6's. Trick flow heads, lightning intake, Viper 6 speed. Geezz!!!! Must have been usin all the pushrod 5.8's to get rid of them. 98' was last year for ford producing pushrods engines. 302 for sure(Explorer/Trucks.) Idk about 351w. I wonder if 99 up Saleens had 4.6?

Hmmmm, looks very familiar to me. I built one in a slightly darker shade of red, with a black interior. Your's looks very sharp, love that shine. I agree that this is a great kit, everything falls into place with little fuss. On a side note, I didn't have the hood fitment issue with mine, luckily.