Model Cars Magazine Forum

Calling All Units

Chuck Most

I want to see some of the cop cars you folks have built. Old, new, US or foreign... even a phantom or two would do.

Fire Chief cars would work just fine too.

CARS only- no trucks or SUVS, but if you've got a car-based station wagon that fits the theme, by all means, let's see it.

I'll begin the festivities-

004_zpsef89b509.jpg

Lindberg kit, E&K decals, Modelhaus wheels and hubcaps.

001_zps3e584308.jpg

(In progress) Revell kit with old Fred Cady (?) decals.

5-vi.jpg

Phantom '88 Buick Regal CHP, modified promo with Revell Impala wheels and tires.

Great builds Agent G, real nice work.

Danno, you have some very nice models. What is the blue car? i have always liked the Fury good to hear your going to rebuild it....

The blue car is a '56 Studebaker Commander in Kansas Highway Patrol livery.

Those who know me, know I could take up pages here. But I'll post a few oldies...

LAPD 68 Belvedere, aka Adam-12. Built from the hideous R&R casting that now has more plastic panels than resin. Chassis is a Revell 69 Charger which fit very well. Lots of other details from the parts box...new photos are in the works for this one.

Image011-vi.jpg

Image008-1-vi.jpg

NYPD 1961 Plymouth Savoy, built from the Promolite resin kit. Chassis and running gear from a Lindberg 64 Dodge 330 kit. Again, lots of little details throughout.

Image2-vi.jpg

65 Pontiac Catalina, converted from the 2+2 kit, roof grafted on from a resin 65 Chevy. This was a consignment built for a friend. Clarkstown NY Police replica.

Image015-vi.jpg

Chicago PD, 67 Biscayne wagon. Modelhaus resin, AMT 67 Impala chassis, Perry's resin 6 cylinder engine kit.

Image027-vi.jpg

Indiana SP, 61 Chevy Biscayne, MCW resin body, Lindberg kit.

Image4-vi.jpg

South Carolina Highway Patrol, 60 Ford Fairlane, Promolite sedan body, AMT chassis

Image030-vi.jpg

MVC007F-vi.jpg

Since Tom Sheehy stopped by, I thought I'd post this NJ State Trooper Volvo that he built. I bought it from Tom on eBay and that's a photo of it sitting on my work bench. It's in one of my display cases.

MVC002S-vi.jpgI

And why not a security patrol car? One of my builds, this 1982 Cavalier is from Big Bass Lake, a resort we used to vacation at in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains.

Mvc001s-vi.jpg

And one car based pickup. 1961 Falcon Ranchero, another of my builds. A resto from a really beat up old original Craftsman kit.

A couple of projects...

P1011963.jpg

I later finished the crown vic and gave it to a friend in the local constabulary. The Camaro (ZR1 wheels/engine) was built to this point about ten years ago, still needs finishing... :rolleyes: