Model Cars Magazine Forum

59 Chrysler Convertible

gardnerpag44

I think you did pretty well Paul.

Paint looks nice, good foil job & a nice job of mating the chassis & engine to that old body.

The only criticism I have is the interior color.

There are several colors you could have used that would have went well with the light blue, but that bright green just doesn't jive.

All in all, pretty nice work though.

Steve

Thanks guys for the comments :)

I'll remember that ( about the interior color ) and not make that mistake again :rolleyes:

A good rule of thumb is to consider a different shade of the body color, usually a darker shade. That was many times the rule rather than the exception in the 50s & 60s. At least if you're looking for something close to stock.

You can never go wrong with black, tan or white either. they'll look good with anything.

I think, with this build, being as you were going for a custom look, a light beige would have looked nice. Sort of a bone color with maybe medium blue inserts in the seats & door panels.

But, colors can be a funny thing. Sometimes colors you think won't work together do, & vice versa.

Steve