Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prerequisite rusty tow chain tossed into a corner of a rusted out truck bed.

Awesomely ugly... and I LIKE IT. B)

EDIT: Just remembered, my dad had one of these for a few years. He bought it as a dump-run trash hauler and storage box transporter for $1000, and except for the white roof (ours was all black), it was SPOT ON to your model, right down to the bleeping rust holes in the rear fender.

Dad named that thing "Henry" because it was old, big, bad, and was seriously ticked off 99% of the time. I think it was appropriately named.

Edited by Drake69

Would a vehicle in this state be legal on the road in the US? It certainly wouldn't be in the UK!

Nice modelling by the way.

steve

Some places in the US are pretty relaxed about this sort of thing.

Where I live in Canada, this would be a cop magnet. You would be pulled over ever 5 min for a road side safety inspection

Would a vehicle in this state be legal on the road in the US? It certainly wouldn't be in the UK!

Nice modelling by the way.

steve

Heck yes! I see trucks around here that you can look through one bedside and see out the other. This old truck is pretty "rust free" by Ohio standards on these trucks.

Really nice one with all the wheatering. Where did you get the wheels/rims?

Here in Norway a truck like that would possibly be legal as long as the chassis/frame is not to badly rusted and that everything like lights, brakes and steering work and that the engine and gearbox does not leak much oil or the exhaust is not full of holes. Some inspectors might not like the rusted out wheelarches but if you put some duct tape over it it will be ok because they are only worried about sharp edges. I have a friend that has a Toyota Hilux was in a similar state to this a few years ago (he has fixed it up a bit since) and that was fully legal and everything worked.

Really nice one with all the wheatering. Where did you get the wheels/rims?

Here in Norway a truck like that would possibly be legal as long as the chassis/frame is not to badly rusted and that everything like lights, brakes and steering work and that the engine and gearbox does not leak much oil or the exhaust is not full of holes. Some inspectors might not like the rusted out wheelarches but if you put some duct tape over it it will be ok because they are only worried about sharp edges. I have a friend that has a Toyota Hilux was in a similar state to this a few years ago (he has fixed it up a bit since) and that was fully legal and everything worked.

Belgium's that way too, if it's older than 25 years, you can put it on oldtimer plates and insurance is dirtcheap than, a V8 registered like a normal car isn't payable here.. :( but we do have American cars running here :)