Model Cars Magazine Forum

Customized AMT Turnpiker Pete

Thats a very clean strait cut this is going to be cool . Have you picked colours yet?

Thanks David. Still thinking about metallic blue and silver, but now that I found the decal sheet in the new kit includes the special edition Peterbilt Patriot stripes, I may paint it white. I haven't quite decided yet.

Half of that V12 is going to stick out the back! Could be interesting! by the way, how did you manage to cut that cab so straight?

Yeah Robert... That would be a little overboard maybe.

Tape... and tape... and more tape, and slooooooowly cutting with a No. 11 hobby knife. :lol:

I followed the mold lines on the cab at the rear, and the door lines at the front. I stuck a long single piece of tape to the lines, and then kept adjusting them until they matched exactly on each side. Then I used the the edges of the tape to make the cuts with the knife.

Thanks for looking and the question Robert, I'm always glad to answer any questions anyone has.

• 1 month later...

I got ahold of a decal company that said they plan to do the decals for this truck. I just hope it won't take too long.

Do you know if it will just be tractor decals or some trailer decals too? Even though I know all our trailers were Wabash, I wouldn't mind making a Werner TCU out of the Dane trailer!

And I hope the weather warms up soon, get painting!!

Edited by highway

I've started painting the truck! So far I've painted gloss white. Next (when the weather is clear, we have storms predicted all the way to next Thursday) I'll paint on the Dupli-Color Candy White, then add the decals, and then top it off with Dupli-Color Clear.

003_zps9db40c01.jpg

002_zps108f8b1e.jpg

More to come soon (hopefully)