Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ed Roth show cars

sobpinstriping

As you can tell I love Roth cars. I'm missing tweedy pie (I got out bid by a dollar on e bay) and the orbitron (its like $40 or so for the resin). Most of thies I did before I knew about adding plug wires and such. I know that some of the decals are messed up also but a couple of the kits were pretty old and the decals were pretty cracked but I made it work the best I could.

cheers

mat

100_0663.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0658.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0666.jpg

100_0671.jpg

100_0676.jpg

100_0670.jpg

Here are few more show cars, I'm working on the lil coffin right now. I just got the predicta and silhouette the other day so I'm well on my way. Btw the gold on the ala kart is 24 k. gold leaf (I do pinstriping). I tried a few tims to use leaf for trim and stuff and it never worked, I have since found out how wonderfull bmf is for models.

cheers

mat100_0681.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0685.jpg

Really nice job on them Roth kits! I am a big fan of his as well and have all the bubble tops and more! I loved doing the Predicta kit so much that I bought another kit for a rainy day! I applaud your effort on the Outlaw, I decided not to do it due to the amount of chrome involved......Ed Loved his chrome! :D

Check out my fotki page for my bubble tops.....there may be a few that you need to get! Keep building them, you do Great work! :rolleyes:

Really nice job on them Roth kits! I am a big fan of his as well and have all the bubble tops and more! I loved doing the Predicta kit so much that I bought another kit for a rainy day! I applaud your effort on the Outlaw, I decided not to do it due to the amount of chrome involved......Ed Loved his chrome! biggrin.gif

Check out my fotki page for my bubble tops.....there may be a few that you need to get! Keep building them, you do Great work! cool.gif

You don't have to tell me to look ant you'r page, I already did a while back. I was wondering if you would comment on this. The outlaw kit was not as bad as it looked to build but the decals were a pain in the butt, I yelled and cursed the whole time doing them.

thanks for the comments.

cheers

mat

You don't have to tell me to look ant you'r page, I already did a while back. I was wondering if you would comment on this. The outlaw kit was not as bad as it looked to build but the decals were a pain in the butt, I yelled and cursed the whole time doing them.

thanks for the comments.

cheers

mat

I hear ya Matt! I was swearing up a storm when just doing the decals for the Beatnik Bandit! Some day I would like to do the Lincoln Futura like yours as well. They ALL look sooooo cool!! :)

I think you did a heck of a job......man these guy`s are so cool.......I have these kits unbuilt too........Wow,they look great built.......I really enjoyed looking at these......thank`s for sharing.

You should build them, they are a lot of fun (except the decals are a pain)

thats for the complement

cheers

mat

Outstnading . Great builds . I gathered all these Roth cars just before he passed . RIP .

I think I had talked to him at a Car show in Cleveland Oh. He was nuts and creative . If it wasn't him , someone as far out as he .

He startted to build cars to get into the shows for free . He wanted the free pass to sell his Rat Fink stuff and Air Brushed Shirts . A pioneer in that area . Thanx .. :blink: