Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

From the LHS: all kinds of Evergreen plastic strips, rod and tube of various sizes to scratch build some frames plus some Plastruct corrugated roofing stock to make tuck and roll interiors, as well as Plastruct square tile sheet for more modern interior work. Two AMT 29 Model A roadsters and an AMT 34 5-window won on Fee Bay arrive in the next couple of days. Yippee!

I’ve got this Old Skool fixation happening right now – lots of dry lakes modifieds and channeled coupes/roadsters in various states of disarray on the workbench...

The UPS man handed me a big box from Roll Models this afternoon; in addition to a couple sheets of Bare Metal Foil and a bottle of paint the following kits were enclosed:

2 copies of the Stephens International re-issue of the classic AMT '37 Chevy Coupe (I needed the stock hub caps from one

kit for use on my Revell '39 Chevy Sedan Delivery (I'm retro-fitting the street rod kit as a factory stock; involves A LOT of kit-bashing!)

and 1 each of the Revell "Good Guys" 2 in 1s; '55 Bel Air and '58 Impala. (Anybody wanna buy unstarted copies of the old and now pretty-much obsolete AMT 55 and 58 kits?) :lol:

went to 2 different LHS today and got the following:

Fujimi 1980 Camaro Z28 kit ( will post review later)

ELO

paint brushes

Testors Aluminum plate ( now I can finish my NASCAR Pontiac)

2 cans Tamiya white primer

Tamiya german grey

Tamiya clear

Tamiya silver leaf

Tamiya gunship grey

and testors blue angel blue for a future mark martin nascar build.

god i hope my wife doesnt check my bank history!!! :lol:

9 pounds of resin from Jimmy flintstone.WooHoo It's a good day. He cast my 09 Trans Am body and sent me in return.........

4 T/A copies plus got my master back

62 pontiac bubbletop body

34 lakes coupe body

53 ford ranchwagon body

68(?)vette funnycar body

53(?) Chevy sedan delivery body

3 different altered bodies

25 1/25 figures(5 prepainted)

5 1/18 prepainted figures

3 jukeboxes

3 50's soda machines

1 shrunken head shift nob

1 gasser head shift nob

...............and he is still going to send me a 70 Javelin T/A kit

My 3 year old daughter and I spent a good hour or more looking through it all, she really likes the shrunken head, it might get painted and installed on her new bike this spring. I only asked for a few of the bodies and figures in return for the master, he just threw in the rest. Jimmy Flintstone is a pretty cool(and generous) dude. Thanks Jim.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roadkill2525

Im back from NNL West with a small haul. All Monogram NASCAR kits

#42 Peak Anti-Freeze Pontiac

#26 Quaker State Buick 2x

#75 Dinner Bell Oldsmobile

#28 Havoline Ford

#21 Citgo Ford

#4 Kodak Combo

Im back from NNL West with a small haul. All Monogram NASCAR kits

#42 Peak Anti-Freeze Pontiac

#26 Quaker State Buick 2x

#75 Dinner Bell Oldsmobile

#28 Havoline Ford

#21 Citgo Ford

#4 Kodak Combo

You should add a pretty huge smile to that list!! That young man was grinin' from ear-to-ear everytime we saw him! :D:D

Thanks, again, for the Lightning pickup truck, Michael!!

It was a good day for all!! B)

Went to the LHS and picked up the Revell '32 Ford Sedan Street Rod 2'n1 Kit. This is one heck of a nice issue!! Going to pick up a couple more of these. Oh, almost forgot...picked up the Lindberg re-issue XFY-1 VTO "POGO" verticle takeoff aircraft...WAY COOL. Happy building!

I got a Hummer H2, and a 31 ford.

Picture.jpg

the Hummer I got with a 40% off coupon, and the Ford was on clearance along with another 40% off

Now there's a kitbashing combo if I ever saw one:

Chop the top on the 31 Ford down to look proportionally like a Hummer, then put on the tires/wheels, the running boards and the roof rack! :lol: Just kidding!

I don't know about the Hummer because I've never built one of them, but the Ford is a pretty cool kit. The doors and the front suspension are a bit figity to work with, but if you're patient you can get it all aligned and working pretty well.

Good luck,

Now there's a kitbashing combo if I ever saw one:

Chop the top on the 31 Ford down to look proportionally like a Hummer, then put on the tires/wheels, the running boards and the roof rack! :lol: Just kidding!

I don't know about the Hummer because I've never built one of them, but the Ford is a pretty cool kit. The doors and the front suspension are a bit figity to work with, but if you're patient you can get it all aligned and working pretty well.

Good luck,

I have never built the hummer either, I want to do a 4x4 with it instead of the the Cali Wheels version.

Went to Michaels yesterday and used the 40% off coupon for the first time. Picked up the Revell '64 Chevy Impala SS Lowrider kit which had a $16.95 price tag less the 40%. Sure makes sense to clip the coupon. Will use some of the stock parts to enhance my AMT '62 Impala SS build. Thanks to those who alerted me to the coupon!

Off the interweb, just a couple of minutes ago...

Some new Aoshima wheels, they will look good on the F430 I have going right now.

Trafficstar1.jpg

Tamiya 180SX, gonna be a slight tuner/racer boy look. I am thinking of taking the extra front end from the Nisimo R34 and adding it to the 180SX along with the rear end treatment. Gonna have to wait till it shows up before I know for certain

180SX1.jpg

Then I ordered this Sileighty as well. As infrequent as re-issues are from the Japanese companies, I figured I show get 'em when I see 'em.

Sileighty1.jpg

Add finally, I got this Trueno/corolla. A recent article in one of the Tuner magazines got me interested in the body style again. This one comes with an understated aero package, which is good by me. I don't care for the over the top wings and such. I am starting to get the tuner bug though...

Trueno1.jpg

Now I just have to sit and wait by the door... Let the Pee-Pee dance begin B)

Moved this from my Stash since this is where it goes.

I'm also on a Tuner/Import bug.

HLJ3_8_08.jpg

And the smallest box is going to be my next build.

SuzukiAltoTwincamAeroParts.jpg

It's soo little, it's cute.

still waiting on a

NissanCube

NissanCubeMetallic.jpg

and

Mitsubishi Starion GSR

MitsubishiStarionGSR.gif

Edited by Zukiholic

This evening UPS delivered my 1/25 scale resin`72 Vega Kammback wagon and a 1/25 scale`70 Buick Grand Sport Buick Grand Sport ...yes thats right I said it correctly...1/25 sale!! It`s a resin kit cast by R&R not the 1/24 scale Revell Monogram rendition. I`m very excited ang hope to build a 1/25 version of the`70 Buick "GSX" 455 Stage 1 car. Is there anyone out there that will

scaled down the 1/24 Monogram Revell decals I have to 1/25 scale. Any leads would be appricated.

Additionally, while in route home this evening I dropped by my LHS and found a 1/25 scale Revell Monogram `58 Cotvette Roadster Pro-Modler series on he shelf and I`ll be dorned if it didn`t follow me home.

Man has this ever been a good model day!!!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...